Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crosman 1300 diagnosis - what is going on?

Stripped yet again and this time I had a good look at the valve cap and body. Some little brass hairs here and there so I gave it a clean and polished the spigot. Reassembled with some light oil but it is exactly the same!

I'm wondering if the valve cap may be sticking in the transfer port sleeve (or whatever it is called!).

I assume the chamfered opening of the port sleeve goes towards the back of the gun and that it acts as a guide when the valve is being closed by the return spring. Can't tell from the exploded view.

Anyway, new seal kit on order from USA so I will probably wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurmot View Post

Anyway, new seal kit on order from USA so I will probably wait.
    You ordered a seal kit from the US when you only need two 50 pence O rings ?

ATB Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    You ordered a seal kit from the US when you only need two 50 pence O rings ?

ATB Mick
    Yes. The kit is £8.18 delivered and I thought it would be easier this way than attempt to get a spec for each one and then track them down. I will buy an o ring kit for future reference though.

An update on this. Seal kit received yesterday and fitted today - all working properly.

Interesting to note that they actually supplied a proper quad seal and not an o ring for the valve cap.

Somewhat disappointing that the gun was bought (from here) as working and as having had new seals recently.

Thanks to everyone who's offered advice, and yes, it was the quad seal after all. It's just the seller's assurances that the seals were new that threw me off the scent.

Cheers Simon