Thread: 500g Trigger Weight

500g Trigger Weight

Dear All,

Has anybody got a trigger weight for sale? I don't really want to pay £43 for a new one as it won't get much use. Alternately could anyone lend me one for a week or so?

Regards
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Nick,I have one I could lend you,if I ,or one of my club mates bring it up to the West Mids open, you could return it to me at the BPC Open meet in June,or if you need it more urgently I could post it to you.

Neale
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

I know that it doesn't really help you in the short term, but a trigger weight should be an essential item of equipment for any club that supports 10m Air Pistol or Light Sport Rifle. How can a witness sign your postal cards as having been shot in accordance with the rules if they don't have the equipment available to check trigger weight?

Get the club to buy one.

Rutty

Don't you think

Everyone who shoots regular competitions should have their own?

There cheap enough to buy.

you can check your gun or guns the morning before a comp, and adjust accordingly.

When you give up shooting, you will probably get your money back on it when you sell it.

It's one of the best items i own. Perfect peace of mind. it requires no further maintenance or calibration and I can even carry it easily to a comp to sort out little issues that me or a fellow shooter might have without frantically trying to get back in the line to retest.
    Last edited by nickm marshall; 27-04-2014 at 08:42 PM.

Tufty,
    That would be excellent, I want to mess about with the first/second stage bias but obviously keep within the weight limit. I was going to okay about with it at the BPC this weekend but got sidetracked!

Nick,
    I should get one, i want to see if there is one that can be 500g and 1000g. Rapid Fire is 1kg limit so really need both.
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

They are expensive for what is basically a weight, think some lathe work is required
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

I have been using Argos digital scales i found in the kitchen, and a beam construction to rest the trigger on I have made out of an archery bow stand.

Have used the club weight to verify, but using a steady hand on the scales, its getting me a touch over 500g every time, and fairly easy to get a good reading of first stage weight
    Thanks - Geoff.

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Trigger weight

Any one shooting seriously should have one, its so irritating to fail at a meeting and have to queue to get to the weight to check, or worse shoot a good score and fail on the spot check, no sympathy, its your fault. Its essential equipment for any serious comp shooter.
    If you don't want to buy one, make one, its so easy. You just need a piece of 5 mm brass or steel rod (B&Q) shape it, and tap the weight end of the rod. Use a drilled pellet tin or tins filled with used pellets to the correct weight, you can have extra tins for different weights, I made mine to cover from 500 gms for air pistol up to 3kg for NRA fullbore rifle. Easy and lasts a lifetime, (I made mine 40 years ago!)
    Don't set to 500 or just over which is the beginers mistake, always add a £1 coin for safety.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

scales

I made mine with from scrap pellets and piece of aluminium rod
    only cost was a Lidl digital sale 10 euros,cast a variety of weights