Thread: Webley pistol front shroud wanted

Webley pistol front shroud wanted

As above I have a need for an old (discarded, scratched etc) front plastic shroud from a Tempest, Typhoon or Hurricane for one of my current projects.

If you have replaced the front end of your pistol and wonder what to do with the tatty one you took off here is a chance to off load it and possibly give it a new life!
    lodmoor
    Always ready to buy another Webley pistol and another and . . . .

Tempest Fore end

201080690839 One here on that auction site, just copy and paste number into search.

Quote Originally Posted by GuizeAyose View Post
    201080690839 One here on that auction site, just copy and paste number into search.
    Saw that one but it is cracked and past experience tells me it is a waste of time trying to repair them. Still looking.
    lodmoor

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by lodmoor View Post
    As above I have a need for an old (discarded, scratched etc) front plastic shroud from a Tempest, Typhoon or Hurricane for one of my current projects.

If you have replaced the front end of your pistol and wonder what to do with the tatty one you took off here is a chance to off load it and possibly give it a new life!
    Have a bump
    I was thinking tonight about leaving the shroud off a Tempest ( because it came without one) and wondered if you just put a bit of threadlock in the end cap/spring guide SG043 https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products...est-1979-2005/
    it would keep the pin in place. I would not like to use anything stronger because it could make it very hard to remove the pin.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Hi Guy

They look a bit odd without the shroud (I think) anyway, not sure that you would need anything re the end cap, barrel pivot as the pressure from the spring seems enough to hold all in place.
    lodmoor