Thread: Anyone seen a Diana/Milbro Mod 100?????

Anyone seen a Diana/Milbro Mod 100?????

About 30 years ago I bought a box of diana spares from an ironmonger who was closing down.Along with the spares were a number of parts diagrams for the usual G16-79 model rifles.One of the spares diagrams relates to a Diana mod 100.Have never seen one of these before.The diagram is drawn in the same style as the 60,s-70,s rifles and as with the other dianas indicates a significant number of parts in common with other rifles,eg G25 +G36 .
    Where this rifle differs is that it is an underlever with a "sliding " breech the type of which i have not seen before.(Its not a G55) .
    The spares were intended for scottish made dianas but the box did not contain any of the mod 100 parts.
    Has anyone seen one of these rifles or can direct me to further info.
    Unfortunately I am unable to scan the diagram but if anyone interested I would send a copy FOC by mail.
    Thanks APTD

The Blue Book of Airguns lists under the 'German Diana' heading (Mayer & Grammelspacher) a Model 100 which is a .177 target model manufactured 1989-98 and is a single stroke pneumatic. However this cannot be what you are looking for since the period is too late. There is no mention of a Milbro Diana from the time (30 years ago?) when you acquired this info. although I am sure other members will come up with something more meaningful.

Opposite the cow-field, just outside Dover, Kent
    Hi,

Do you by chance have a rear sight and/or stock screws for the Millbrook made Diana 27 ?

Ever hopeful Steve
    Last edited by Bad Beagle; 01-05-2014 at 10:17 PM. Reason: spelling
    Good deals with Mark3HuntsmanSam, Cannon Fodder, Guy, Jon, Peddy, Negotiator, Devon Shooter, Ninapuppy, Custard 1, Bob Brown, TopDog, Dave The Frame, / Sam99, Ballie, Nautilus21, edbear2, eredel, among others

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    Ah yes, the mysterious Milbro Model 100. Parts lists and diagrams were produced but I have never seen or heard tell of a single example and I suspect it was a design that never made it past prototype phase. After making the rare Milbro Diana 50 Milbro seem to have given up being a 'serious' airgun company. I have always suspected that the 100 might be a reworking of one of the pre-war Diana underlevers, Milbro will probably have had the tooling.

I'd be really grateful if you could let me have a scan or photocopy of the parts diagram you have.

I wonder what happened to the milbro tooling ? I did hear a nasty story about the Bsa centrefire rifle tooling being sold to India, then getting stranded on a quayside somewhere rusting for years due to customs differculties en route !
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    Ah yes, the mysterious Milbro Model 100. Parts lists and diagrams were produced but I have never seen or heard tell of a single example and I suspect it was a design that never made it past prototype phase. After making the rare Milbro Diana 50 Milbro seem to have given up being a 'serious' airgun company. I have always suspected that the 100 might be a reworking of one of the pre-war Diana underlevers, Milbro will probably have had the tooling.

I'd be really grateful if you could let me have a scan or photocopy of the parts diagram you have.
    If you wish to send me a private message with your details I will be happy to post a copy FOC.APTD

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Beagle View Post
    Hi,

Do you by chance have a rear sight and/or stock screws for the Millbrook made Diana 27 ?

Ever hopeful Steve
    Dont have a rearsight but may be able to come up with some s/h stock screws.willcheck and get back to you next week.(dont have my own computer so use library ones)Cheers APTD