Thread: Weihrauch HW55 S info and ballpark value please.

edbear2 Guest

Weihrauch HW55 S info and ballpark value please.

Bell practice tonight, and a team member brought one of these he found recently at a Militaria fair locally.

Serial number is 162*** (six digits), metalwork 85-90%, good unblemished screws, and complete original sights including diopter rubber. Super accurate, but the stock checkering has lost it's sharpness a tad to be picky.

It's not for sale, but I guessed it to be Late 50's / early 60's (don't know why, just a gut feel), and told him he had got a screaming bargain as I thought it to be worth £200-250.

These were guesses really as I am not up on these, but it was such a nice thing I thought that would be ballpark.

Am I miles off???

I will put you out of your misery later with what the jammy so and so paid, even Johnbaz will be green

ATB,

ED

Serial number suggests 1965/66

Can't say I'm aware of what the non "T's" have been going for of late, but I'd be comfortable to guess your estimate is in the ball park.
    Want List :
    HW55T - Found and I am now in love
    Pictures :

ballpark pricing £250/275 year 1965 a mate of mine bought one early in the year not very often come around for sale ,sounds like someone got a bargin and a half
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Thumbs up

Ha ha ha!!

Nice one Ed!!

I know where there's one with a Tyrolean stock going for £200 so this thread has come in really handy!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Ha ha ha!!

Nice one Ed!!

I know where there's one with a Tyrolean stock going for £200 so this thread has come in really handy!!

John
    Hi John, Bear in mind my mate got it from a dealer at a show, so some may think it not a bargain, but he paid;

£45......

As I said...Jammy get

What a bargain,never seen one that cheap even knackered.Still trying to get me hands on a 55 T or M even a S would do.Should be £250.00 easy as described.

Hi

The one that I meant has actually been sold now to a nice chap on here

I didn't have the money anyhow

John

Oh god i need to sit down, i suddenly feel very dizzy

I looked at one on gunstar that is advertised at £475 very nice gun but fantasy pricing.

at least i'll be able to have a go with it next time i attend practice night.

what sort of power do the HW55's put out???

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post

I looked at one on gunstar that is advertised at £475 very nice gun but fantasy pricing.

I think the power is quite low as they were a target type of rifle (May be wrong though!!)..

I won't go near Gunstar now what with the ridiculous prices and rubbish 'Upgrade'

John

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Hi John, Bear in mind my mate got it from a dealer at a show, so some may think it not a bargain, but he paid;

£45......

As I said...Jammy get
    WOWSER!!

That was 'Cheap as chips'!!

John

The sights would be worth £45, so you might say the gun was free...

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by frogboy View Post

Hi Mate, It felt like about 8 foot pounds by the length of time it was getting there (not scientific )...It was Rog's and it had a beautiful one piece milled foresight on it, and a early type HW (no alloy base) rear sight. I said "oh that's a bargain, was it because the sight was missing", He then told me he had the HW correct tunnel foresight and the rear aperture set as well

(Our league prohibits even a foresight hood, let alone a "globe" sight, so people use an open blade set up, with ex BSA generic Airsporter types being quite popular, as well as all sorts of home engineered types on non HW guns).

He seemed a bit taken aback when I told him what the rear sight alone was worth (as mentioned already more than he paid for the lot

Arthur was doing really well with it, and getting lots of 5's!

ATB, Ed

Bargain of the century!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

I got a very nice 55mm metal work is spot on no marks on the stock bolts etc . The wood work is in good nick just a couple of minor marks it come with an old tasco scope and single piece mount , no diopter but I had one already to go on , it dates from 1981 and is putting out 7ftlbs I ended up paying £3OO not a bargin but a nice clean example , so worth it I think as not many come up for sale . Having said that now a load of 55t's will pop up hope so I'll buy one ATB Mike
    A few nice rifles

55t

I have a 55t,wonky sprinkled it with magic powder,tuned not for power,but for shoot ability ,it has a very
    Quick firing cycle not harsh at all,very accurate but what a shock over the chrono 8.5 ft/lb.ding dong literally .