Thread: CO2 Pistol advise needed

CO2 Pistol advise needed

Hi im thinking of buying a co2 bb pistol can anybody recommend a good metal pistol that has reasonably good accuracy and is reliable,i`m asking as ive never had a bb pistol and just want to get the right one, thanks for any help given,

atb Andy
    Last edited by airgunner.177; 04-05-2014 at 02:09 PM.

TFW 1911 or now called swiss arms, Don't expect paper punching accuracy but tin cans are great fun ( just remember eye protection as steel bbs can come back at you at a rate of knots!)
    Far too many guns to mention here. Lets just say more then the wife knows about but still less then I would like

Blowback- probably best bet is to go with a Sig Sauer x Five from Cybergun/KWC. If you don't want blowback (as you get through less co2 and tend to have a fair bit more power) then there are a number of models to consider such as the Umarex Makarov or Umarex Race Gun (I think that's NBB :/). Otherwise, I'd consider getting a pellet gun- I found that I stopped using bb guns when I acquired my co2 pellet guns as they have infinitely more accuracy, a fair bit more power and the Umarex range offer double and single action triggers.

pistol

Thanks for the replies its appreciated ive decided to get a swiss arms 1911 as i love the style of that pistol but the only thing is ive been looking into them this afternoon and ive read that some have leaking valve issues is this correct and is there anything else i should be aware of?

atb Andy

The KWC Colt .45 replica in any of its brandings can be troublesome. Mine's been fine, but then it has been treated like an indulged pet. If you want something that'll last forever it's got to be a Baikal Mak, but to be honest it's not a patch on KWC for shooting enjoyment. I love the Mak but I'd let mine go before my TFW, in fact I'd let any of my pistols go rather than the TFW.

After all if you buy one and it lets you down take it back and get a refund or a replacement. If it lets you down after a decent length of service, sad but it's done its job. Either way you've not lost.

One last thing remember that KWC also does a plain unbranded version, I don't know where you get them from but there's a recent UBC thread that linked to the dealer who has them.

Here's the dealer with the plain ones;

http://www.etonguns.co.uk/
    Last edited by Ben 36; 04-05-2014 at 06:36 PM.

Hey chap,

good choice, I have a TFW 1911 and a Blackwater 1911R2, both are great (One traditional with real 1911 grips and the other more tactical looking, the Swiss arms is the same gun).

With regards to leaking this was initially not a problem on the first batch to enter the country, then with the success and the demand for magazines a second batch was rushed in which gave many problems. I have 4 magazines and my first witness magazine has developed a dodgy seal after many thousands of bbs and over possibly 4 years (I cannot remember when I got it but it was the day the first Cybergun batch went on sale and was the bargain price of £74).

None of the other magazines have developed or shown any faults (and once you have multiple magazines they get used a lot!), if you have a dodgy one it will leak from very soon after first use so its safe to say all of the dodgy batch are probably out of circulation.

With regards to accuracy they are Tin can accurate out to about 10 metres, I think this is good enough for a fun pistol. Blowback adds to the fun and if you are at all worried about the amount of gas it uses you need to question what you want the pistol for (mine manage about 70-80 shots at about 1.3FPE depending on temp). Not powerful, but with a 6FPE limit is there any point worrying?

I much prefer shooting a blowback BB gun to any of the Umarex pistols which are dead in the hand, and not much more accurate or powerful. The Umarex models are heavier and better built but with moulded on features and a silly dressed up revolver mechanism they are rather toy like (Why they didn't make them proper replicas of Revolvers I do not know).

There are many other similar pistols that are just as good but I like the 1911s and shoot them the most (Mini Uzi is good fun too!). Just remember that they are cheap and not made from Firearm quality materials and you will be fine.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben 36 View Post
    Here's the dealer with the plain ones;

http://www.etonguns.co.uk/
    Good work that man!
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

info

Thanks guys thats great info and thank you to those who took the time to reply

cheers Andy