Thread: HW 35k - Yes, I did the right thing!

HW 35k - Yes, I did the right thing!

Thanks for your thoughts & advice. The delivery from Pellpax arrived in plenty of time for me to do some sighting in tonight.
    Good points The record trigger is as good as ever. After about 50 or so pellets, the 35 had settled down enough for me to do groups I hadn't seen since selling my 77, years ago.
    Bad Points Wish I'd ordered a higher mag scope than the 4x32 Hawke. But I guess I can fit the 4-9x40 Nikko from the GoldStar.
    The silencer adaptor, held on by two 2mm grub screws, works loose after 20-30 shots. Would Loctite thread sealant, as I use on my motorbikes, work?

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Glad you like it,you can use loctite but try not to use the permanent one in case you want to remove it at some point.

edbear2 Guest
    Hi, glad you are getting on with it, Loctite 241 is the one for small / fine threads and is a medium strength grade, so non permanent.

ATB, Ed

If you want more mag? go for the new HW 3-9 X 40 front PA with target turrets and sunshade will go well with this rifle...awaiting mine to arrive. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    If you want more mag? go for the new HW 3-9 X 40 front PA with target turrets and sunshade will go well with this rifle...awaiting mine to arrive. Mach 1.5
    I will second that. http://smg.photobucket.com/user/Airs...ml?sort=6&o=51
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Ta again...

Ta for your thoughts.,esp about Loctite 241.
    Had a few settling in problems, after 450 pellets.
    Silencer adaptor push on mount - some gaffer tape on the end of the barrel has stopped this working loose every couple of dozen shots. The grub screws have stopped working loose.
    Also noticed the trigger guard screws, which retain the receiver(?) work loose every 100 or so shots. Hope this will go away soon.

ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.