Thread: National Airgun Series

National Airgun Series

I competed in the ESSU competition at Bisley this weekend and used my Air Pistol match as one my National Airgun Series events. The Range Officer didn't know what to do with the slip if paper that I gave her to record my score, and I didn't see anyone else entering the NAS.
    Is anybody else competing in the NAS or have I entered a very under subscribed competition?!
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

I've entered!

I have paid my £15 so guess I am in.
    Need to remember to print off some slips.

I know of one other person who has subscribed.

I was at the ESSU yesterday too and saw the poster about the national series, this is the first time I have come accross it and is a great idea. I'm new to this sport and have found it to be great fun but not well advertised, especially competitions. If it was not for RobinC I would not have thought I could enter the ESSU English Championship. You have got to know where to look but once in the know it is ok but to to a newcommer you have to be persistant to find the open meetings as they are there to be found if you know where to look. My hook was the British Pistol Clubs website as it lists competitions and from there I decided to do the Cambridge .177 open with my wife. It was fun travelling and seeing new places, meeting new faces and making a w/e of it. We now want to get out and compete once a month - have pistol will travel - kinda shooting tourists. Postal comps. are fun but a bit insular in the long run and you cannot put a face to a name.

Have got to check my work rota and will use the list of nominated comps to plug into our plan of shooting out once a month, my wife took a picture of the poster - where is the source as I've scoured the internet to find it - again most people would give up or not know it existed.

Best cheers
    George

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

NAS

Geoge
    There is a full page on it in the most recent Rifleman.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

If you message me your email address I can forward you the info if that's of any use? How did you get on at the ESSU? I had a good an average shoot, I did manage a Silver medal in Sport Pistol which will take pride of place in the cabinet!!
    Fierynick

+Keep Calm and Shoot Tens+

Thanks Robin
    Now worked out I need to join the nsra to get this info early, the mags at the club are not up to date. I slowly work this stuff through. thanks for the big guided tour on Saturday!

George