Thread: Air O matic fairground rifle

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight

Air O matic fairground rifle

Scored one this afternoon for £120, anybody know what size balls they require?

Dave

Found out, it's .173, any clues where I might get some from?

Anybody used one of these before, not sure whether the balls go in with the paper tube around them or just straight in?

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Frame View Post
    Found out, it's .173, any clues where I might get some from?

Anybody used one of these before, not sure whether the balls go in with the paper tube around them or just straight in?

Dave
    I have these ! ( 15 th post down )http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ght=fairground

These are the last ever made, The earlier guns like yours had the paper tube , I think bolt action ?
    These are Semi-Auto firing UK ammo ,
    They have a unique " Lift " System for loading the balls Semi-Automatically , ( As fast as you pull the trigger) I think 20-30 shots of 3/16 th balls, Reusable of course,

They were loaded through a hole which was uncovered when the ball loading arm was compressed, On release the light spring loaded the balls as required ,
    I did do a write up with Pics , Shooting at targets & a Co2 conversion , Maybe they are still on the forum, Ged.

Yep, this is the one that has the bolt handle. When it is pulled back a brass feed tube pops up. You have to be a bit careful, because there is a bugger of a pinch point at the back of the pull. I'm now trying to get some bbs for it, needs a hose connector as well, assume from looking at it that it's a std. bsp?

I think you definitely got a bargain.

Dave

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Although BB shot is .180" diameter, I believe modern airgun BB's are nominally 0.173"... can check some when I get home to confirm.

Thanks Harvey, looked at 11/64 ball bearings, but a lot dearer than bbs.

Dave

Thanks I'll see if I can find any. Nice to see the M1 carbine link, I've got one of these but don't play with it too often. Griping the end to cock is not good, you can't help leaving acidic finger prints all over it.

Dave

Me too we'll have to have a M1 shoot off one day!

Just checked the Crosman Copperheads I have and the 10 or so I sampled all came out between .171 - .172 and they are available everywhere rather than the Daisy's which are less popular here.