Thread: Alan Westlake Alfa 357 Mag Revolver

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    [QUOTE=Frag Muppet;6381080]<snip>
    It would be nice to find a product that works well, along with a nylon brush for scrubbing the bottom of the cylinder to get it spotless.

The nylon brush I have only really scrubs the sides.

<SNIP>

For my .44 BP guns I use a tool I made from an old electric toothbrush. Some have a round brush which can be easily removed. Trim it down to fit the cylinder with a Stanley knife, and glue it on to a bit of dowel (I used a 5.56mm case) and you can reach the bottom of the cylinder and give it a twirl to clean. Also works well on nipple recesses.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

[QUOTE=Turnup;6381087]
    Quote Originally Posted by Frag Muppet View Post
    <snip>
    It would be nice to find a product that works well, along with a nylon brush for scrubbing the bottom of the cylinder to get it spotless.

The nylon brush I have only really scrubs the sides.

<SNIP>

For my .44 BP guns I use a tool I made from an old electric toothbrush. Some have a round brush which can be easily removed. Trim it down to fit the cylinder with a Stanley knife, and glue it on to a bit of dowel (I used a 5.56mm case) and you can reach the bottom of the cylinder and give it a twirl to clean. Also works well on nipple recesses.
    That sounds spot on

Great idea, will give it a go!

Thanks