Quote Originally Posted by slow_runner View Post
Thanks for the clue on fitting the action to ensure correct alignment Oliver.
It seems the integrity of the Airsporter stock is very reliant on a firmly mounted action. Looking at it now, it is very apparent; quite flimsy
Also on using the thread . Seems I have read elsewhere that compressed air is good to spread that glue through the crack.
This weekend I'll trial out the glues I have on hand on scrap timber; white PVA, yellow PVA (water resistant?), West System epoxy (my sons') and the Titebond3.
I will set them aside for a few days and give them some grief to see what holds best
The west system epoxy -if it's a laminating resin- will give a brilliant result if you have a little patience. It does need to be allowed to soak into the wood and reapplied until the wood stops absorbing it.

I've been repairing cricket bats with epoxy for donkey's years, I use a needle and syringe to force it deep into cracks and splits and just keep pumping it in until it stays wet...I do use a 24hr slow hardener, which gives me a couple of hours working time.

When you've done your repair a light coat over all of the internal surfaces will add considerable strength to the stock. Again let it soak in and reapply.

A little gentle heat helps it thin and soak in quicker.