Thread: Webley Hawk MK2...

Question Help: Webley Hawk MK2...

Hi, I have an original Webley Hawk mk2 that was bought, had approximately 300 pellets put though and then stored for 37-38yrs... It has both .177 and .22 barrels, original scope and gun bag...

I have no interest in keeping this rifle and it would make an ideal restoration project for a springer fan...

How much is it worth?...

I see that most people like to restore these rifles themselves so, apart from being lubed and wiped with my oily rag daily for the last month, it's still the same rifle as when it was made... The rifle came apart easily enough but I only have .22 pellets and with my new chrono it averaged 6.1 ft/lbs... I read they should be around 9-10 ft/lb, so not bad for a rifle with 38yr old seals etc...

I've highlighted the worst marks on the stock via reflection to make them stand out but there isn't any seriously deep scratches or dings... There is also some light rusting on the barrel, which I've highlighted best I can...

Click to enlarge...

Valuations please, gents...
    Last edited by Mr5050; 13-05-2014 at 12:52 PM.

Are you sure it's a Hawk?

Does it say Hawk II on top?

The two barrel system was certainly Hawk mk II.

The Hawk that I had had a sloping end block ( like an Airsporter ). Maybe that slope was on the mark III as mine had a fixed barrel. The Vulcan and Excell had the square end like that looks to have?

The Hawks had a piston with twin rings ( I think Phospher Bronze ). These tended to bed into the main cylinder wall and were worn to different depths around their circumference. So if you took the piston out you had to try and make sure that the rings remained in the same place or they would not seal the same when re assembled.

The other seal is a standard Webley style seal at the breech that sits in the main cylinder.

It's the same as most things, but probably more with an old gun like this, it's worth what someone is willing to pay.

As a useable gun a low powered ( by today's standard ) gun like this will be worth very little so it's collectors, restorers that you are looking at.

I'm not sure the 0.22's consistently made 10fp. I think 8.5fp was probably more realistic with a standard spring. People may have got them up to 10fp but risked elongating the end plug hole.

I'd ask in the collector's section for value.

I'm afraid with it in need of a reblue and a stock refinish it's going to be well under 100 quid.

Yep, it's definitely a hawk mk2, it's stamped in big letters on top... Thanks for the input...

I don't mind if it's worth £50, so long as it goes to someone that'll enjoy it (and not clutter up my bungalow )

Hi I part exchanged a Hawk mk2 in march this year now sits in a RFD in the north west for £150 along side another at £175 both are in .22 have seen a ad for a similar set up as yours local to me but with the test targets and the original box at £275 but its been there for a while so I would say around £250 if it got both barrels and with little use and been well kept.swopped mine for another HW35 far better rifle
    HW 97k s/s laminated stock.Hw 98k cs500 stock,CZ 457 varmint.Tika T3x Super Varmint 223 rem. an HW95k having sneaked back in Browning 725 12g sporter, pair of 525 sporters,SX3 Red Performance

Once I tried a pcp rifle, I never looked back...

Thanks for the info... I could only find two of these online and one was up for £150... the other was £175... I wonder if they were the same rifles?...

£90 posted seems like a fair price...
    Last edited by Mr5050; 13-05-2014 at 10:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr5050 View Post
    Once I tried a pcp rifle, I never looked back...

Thanks for the info... I could only find two of these online and one was up for £150... the other was £175... I wonder if they were the same rifles?...

£90 posted seems like a fair price...

Could you please start a new thread to sell this now if you have a price in mind, so as not to turn a valuation thread into a sales thread Mr5050.

All the best Mick
    Last edited by T 20; 14-05-2014 at 06:41 AM.

Done...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....and-22-barrels

Thanks to all for the help,

Happy shooting...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr5050 View Post
    Done...

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....and-22-barrels

Thanks to all for the help,

Happy shooting...

Cheers

Thought it worth pointing out for any prospective buyers that the piston rings are made from copper impregnated PTFE on the Hawk and are replaceable with standard section O rings.

Good luck with your sale.

All the best Mick

Danny your inbox is full

Danny empty your inbox its full I,v just got your two pms thanks mate its been a pleasure atvb