Thread: I have a plan...

Smile I have a plan...

Back in 1982, when i was 13 years old, there was a sporting shop in the high street. It was an old style shop that doesn't exist anymore (most sporting shops nowadays just sell trainers!).

It sold everything that interested a 13 year old boy - catapults, pellets, airguns, targets etc. Smack in the centre of the window was a BSA vertical gun rack with a BSA Meteor, Super Meteor, Mercury, Super Mercury, Airsporter etc...
    How I drooled at that window. One day, I thought. One day...

Of course, nowadays I don't really rate the BSA's of the 1980's but , I do fancy replicating that window display.
    So, the questions are:

1) Does anyone have an original BSA vertical display rack from this period?
    2) Do you want to sell it? If they do, i would need to move on to question 3...
    3) I would need original, unmolested examples of each rifle. Must be in mint condition (not refinished).

Is this possible?

Anything is possible. The rifles won't be a problem sourcing, .... the display stand on the other hand.....?

Good luck with it though.
    Pete.

keith66 is offline Optimisic Pessimist Fella
    The BSA gun oil had a rather special smell formulated to enhance the attraction of their rifles.

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    There has to be several E.U. Worldominationdirektorship regulations/directives that prevents this sort of display in shop windows these days?
    Remember those myself - an Airsporter at the top, a Mercury in the middle and a Meteor at the bottom!

Our local Gun shop (still there) had a fantastic smell (couldn't describe it other than 'Guns') I remember having the 'nerve' as a young kid to go in the shop and smell the heady smell and drool at the beautiful rifles in the racks and the pistols displayed in the plate glass counters - pure magic!
    Never really had any money as a kid - but I bought my first brand new Airsporter (boxed) from that shop at the end of my first years wages as an apprentice. (still have it too)
    Bagnall & Kirkwoods in Newcastle! (no connections)

Airsporterman
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.