Thread: FWB Sport cylinder question

FWB Sport cylinder question

Can anybody tell me if the cylinder on a 124 is the same as the one on a 127 please? The reason I ask is that I would like to put a .177 barrel onto a 127 cylinder and my main concern is that the transfer port may be a different diameter but there may be other dimensions that are different.
    Thanks,
    Gary.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    They are the same apart from the stamp saying 124 or 127 or 121 etc ... I have swapped the barrels in both directions (124 to 127, 127 to 124) and back again.

Main problem you will have is finding a .177 barrel, nearly impossible unless you buy one with the rest of the rifle attached.

In a standard state of tune the Sport is easier to shoot in .22 anyway. If you want the same sort of thing updated, get a Diana 280 or sell your house/car/soul and buy one of the new Feinwerkbau Sport models which will be available this year.

Thanks for your answer. Wouldn't it be great if we could turn back the clock 35 years when these were under a hundred pounds.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    As Al said. Std TPs are the same # 3mm.

FWB

Same as the 300 as well,I think.

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    Thanks for your answer. Wouldn't it be great if we could turn back the clock 35 years when these were under a hundred pounds.
    Lack of sales in the UK and elsewhere due to high cost compared with its competitors killed it off. The world and its wife all say they will buy one if a rifle/pistol were remanufactured but never do in sufficient quantities. The Sharp Ace is another example. The list is endless. Times have changed, but not that much.

Old times

Don't know how many times I've heard,"if only they would make it again now". I can think of one occasion,when "they" did. "They" re-made the Hy-Score pistol(surely one of the dinkiest air pistols ever)and people STILL didn't buy enough to keep the maker in "the black"

I'm now in a state of confusion (I want one because of nostalgia), there's a decent 124 for around £300 and s tatty 127 for around £150 for sale. I would prefer .177 and if I bought the .22 it would cost well over £100 to get it up to scratch
    The final option is to wait for the new one to come out (and break the bank, and it's not the original) but I'm not sure about the lines of the stock on the new one,
    If money was no object?
    Last edited by gtfreight; 18-05-2014 at 03:28 PM.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by trevor1 View Post
    Same as the 300 as well,I think.
    The 300 will NOT fit, the 300 is a fixed barrel sidelever, not a break-barrel.

The 'old' Feinwerkbau Sport was extremely expensive compared to other springers - about 45 per cent more than an HW77.

The newer one will probably be better as they will have solved (hopefully) the niggling problems it had (very average trigger, soft breech block, self-unscrewing breech bolt, dreadful safety, plastic open sights). It will also be relatively CHEAPER than the old model both in terms of how much it will cost against other springers, inflation and against average hourly wages.

I would wait til the new one comes out, you can get the stock modded or replaced if you don't like it. At least you will be able to get spares for it. Apart from the very first models the Sport stocks were all too thick in the piston grip to be really comfortable so while the new one might not be to everyone's tastes (I think it looks a bit like the Elvish Design Studio Line stuff from Lord of the Rings) it might be more comfortable than the old one. Throw away the rose tinted glasses and save some money up, the new one will be £450 or so. There will be plenty around s/h for £300 once the novelty has worn off (6 months?), and also there will be some honest info on them by then. Keep your powder dry and don't buy an old model one - buy a secondhand new model.
    Last edited by Hsing-ee; 18-05-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    The 300 will NOT fit, the 300 is a fixed barrel sidelever, not a break-barrel.

The 'old' Feinwerkbau Sport was extremely expensive compared to other springers - about 45 per cent more than an HW77.

The newer one will probably be better as they will have solved (hopefully) the niggling problems it had (very average trigger, soft breech block, self-unscrewing breech bolt, dreadful safety, plastic open sights). It will also be relatively CHEAPER than the old model both in terms of how much it will cost against other springers, inflation and against average hourly wages.

I would wait til the new one comes out, you can get the stock modded or replaced if you don't like it. At least you will be able to get spares for it. Apart from the very first models the Sport stocks were all too thick in the piston grip to be really comfortable so while the new one might not be to everyone's tastes (I think it looks a bit like the Elvish Design Studio Line stuff from Lord of the Rings) it might be more comfortable than the old one. Throw away the rose tinted glasses and save some money up, the new one will be £450 or so. There will be plenty around s/h for £300 once the novelty has worn off (6 months?), and also there will be some honest info on them by then. Keep your powder dry and don't buy an old model one - buy a secondhand new model.
    i think trevor01 was referring to the transfer port bud

I was referring to steel tube diameter, ;-)Trev

Quote Originally Posted by buffalo View Post
    i think trevor01 was referring to the transfer port bud
    Could be wrong.....

Thanks everyone.

I certainly hope the new FWB is not an exercise in trading on a good name for quality as Umarex have done using the Walther name.