Thread: re- gun collection sale

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

re- gun collection sale

heads up on a collection going for £4000 on g/star.is it anyone on here i wonder.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

IJ, don't look! Collection comprises 12 boxed Wobbly pistols, one Senior box (empty presumably) and a MkIII.

I don't know who sqeegy is and have no connection with the sale, seems like he slipped when entering the price and hit an extra "0"?

For those of a curious nature.

Pic of the collectlon HERE. Nothing to do with me and seems over-priced, although if you have money and want an instant collection it could save you a fair bit of time.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

i thought that this was a sample of the collection! way over in my opinion if thats the whole lot.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Pic of the collectlon HERE. Nothing to do with me and seems over-priced, although if you have money and want an instant collection it could save you a fair bit of time.

Hi Danny,

I would agree that they are at the higher end of the price range especially as you might expect a bit of reduction for buying the complete collection. For me the time and energy in putting a collection together is probably the best bit, but I suppose there are those who just want an instant collection without any of the effort.

Regards

Brian

It will be interesting to see if it does sell, as I too would have thought it is a tad overpriced, but it's difficult to say for sure without more detailed photographs to see the actual condition of the pistols and boxes.

On the assumption the boxes and finish are original, I'd say £2.5k tops. Maybe more if there are sample packs of pellets and literature but on the basis these extras have not been mentioned....

Most collectors would want one or two pistols to fill a gap or upgrade. I don't many who would want the job lot, especially at the advertised price. No room for profit for a dealer either.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    On the assumption the boxes and finish are original, I'd say £2.5k tops. Maybe more if there are sample packs of pellets and literature but on the basis these extras have not been mentioned....

Most collectors would want one or two pistols to fill a gap or upgrade. I don't many who would want the job lot, especially at the advertised price. No room for profit for a dealer either.

John
    I would have to agree with John on the price £2.5k tops, and like Brian says it's the finding them yourself that is the best part of collecting. not a ready made one.

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    IJ, don't look! Collection comprises 12 boxed Wobbly pistols, one Senior box (empty presumably) and a MkIII.

[/URL]
    The word 'Collection' got me all excited until I saw the contents and now I realise its some one just emptying their dustbin.

p.s. Whoever it is - I wish them good luck with the sale.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    The word 'Collection' got me all excited until I saw the contents and now I realise its some one just emptying their dustbin.

p.s. Whoever it is - I wish them good luck with the sale.
    Hi Ian, I was thinking of making a carbine with a Webley pistol, using a Telly stock and a longer barrel sourced from a Tornado, someone said this would be your ultimate fantasy and would be pride of place in your collection, so maybe you would like the first one!

Please let me know if you prefer a dark or light stained stock so I can get on with it...

ATB, ED

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    Hi Ian, I was thinking of making a carbine with a Webley pistol, using a Telly stock and a longer barrel sourced from a Tornado, someone said this would be your ultimate fantasy and would be pride of place in your collection, so maybe you would like the first one!

Please let me know if you prefer a dark or light stained stock so I can get on with it...

ATB, ED

A sandy coloured stock please so it will match the quick sand.

I agree with Brians earlier comments about 'the chase' being part of collecting. I waited 10+ years to find my first Normay Vixen, a similar time to find a '35 Thumbhole and years to find an early '85, Sharp Pan target (I almost fell over my second one ). I have yet to find a good Wobbly or Relum. Part of the thrill of collecting is the chase.

ATB
    Ian

ATB, ED
    There is a limit to how much longer you can make the barrel on a webley before it hits the trigger guard when fully cocked. Protek had some long barrel webleys a few months back and the barrels were only 3" longer than standard
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    There is a limit to how much longer you can make the barrel on a webley before it hits the trigger guard when fully cocked. Protek had some long barrel webleys a few months back and the barrels were only 3" longer than standard
    The give away was I was talking to Ian

ATB, Ed

The give away was I was talking to Ian

ATB, Ed
    Classic. Reminds me of the time I posted some piccys of fake Eley Wasps tins - and I had some offers to buy!

Where did you get that photo of the mother-in-law Ed? May she rest in piece (soon).

ATB
    Ian