Thread: 10 meter range

10 meter range

Does anyone know the official dimensions of a 10 meter pistol range. In particular:-
    ~Height to centre of target~
    ~Height of shooting table~
    ~Distance from the target to shooting line~
    The third point might sound a bit stupid but to clarify my point, is the shooting line 10 meters or is the line set back further to allow for average length of arm plus gun
    I'm just starting out in this discipline and setting up a range in my garage so want to do it right.
    Thanks
    Chris

10 metre range

That's great to be able to set up a range at home.

Height to centre of bull is 1.4 m
    Height of shooting table - not sure, they seem to vary from club to club so may not be specified,
    Distance of line to the target is 10 m , the feet should not touch/cross this line.
    The table should be set 10 cm in from the line. (The shooter's body should not touch the table).

GL
    Evo 10 Compact.

ISSF Rule Book is your friend.

Specifically, Section 6.4.5 Shooting Distances (Page 213)

10m Ranges call for the centre of the target to be at 1.4m, +/- 0.05m (5cm).

As for firing point, the line should be 10m from the target face, +/- 5cm, and if you were laying out a range, each lane is 1m wide.

Tables should be between 0.7 and 1m in height, and the nearest edge placed 10cm forward of the firing line. Clearly your foot can't be over the line, but your arm/pistol can be. You can imagine how unworkable it would be to try and ensure everyone's muzzle was exactly 10m from the target given differing physiques and arm lengths, so the firing line is the line and if some people get a 3cm advantage from a longer arm, then tough!

If you have a gander here, you can see the positioning of the tables with respect to the black line on the floor.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation

Thank you for taking the time to reply and offer your knowledge, I appreciate it. 👍