Thread: BSA

BSA

Just acquired BSA but not sure of model its an underlever in very good condition may be a superstar ?
    no name just BSA guns England on barrel and a safety on right side above the trigger and its .25 I
    have tried H&N field target trophy very tight, and bisley pest control these are very very tight cannot close
    bear trap without damaging the pellet can anyone suggest some other pellets I could use. Many thanks
    john

Hi Leroy,
    I use BSA Pylarm 18.6gn and Milbro Rhino 19gn in my BSA .25 the German .25 pellets need to be resized to fit the English bore, personally I can't see any advantage in going through the hassle of resizing I get good results from the Pylarm and Rhino's, .25 rifles aren't target rifles Dave...

bsa .25

I'll second that & most .25 german pellets are heavier so have an even loopier trajectory. The rhinos are the best value as you get 350 in a tin for about £6..

bsa

thanks guys I will try some.leroy

I believe .25 BSA barrels used to be a bit smaller than .25, .243 - .245?

Maybe look into getting a pellet sizer made up to suit it, but I've seen posts suggesting sizing pellets is bad for accuracy & reaming the breech slightly is a better solution, a bit committing though, you can't un ream it if it doesn't work.

I heard that Beesa used a stockpile of .243 as .25

I do know they used to use up stocks of whatever they had lying about which explains why the Scorpion pistols with shoulder stocks were so hard to id

Blackrider on here had the breech end of his .25 SS reamed out slightly and it cured the problem

John
    Last edited by johnbaz; 23-05-2014 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Typo
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

yes, sorry I got the information from various threads I browsed some time back, I can't recover them now but the one about sizing & reaming was on some American blog.

bsa

thanks for info guys I will try the pellets first as reaming the barrel does sound a bit drastic I don't even
    know how to remove the barrel without marking it, as its an underlever there is nothing to grip.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by leroy02 View Post
    thanks for info guys I will try the pellets first as reaming the barrel does sound a bit drastic I don't even
    know how to remove the barrel without marking it, as its an underlever there is nothing to grip.
    Hi Leroy

Sandwell fieldsports carried out the work of B'riders gun and a they made the gun 100% better

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/