Thread: Piston repairs

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice

Piston repairs

I repaired a Webley falcon piston yesterday that was worn on the ring at the end of the piston that the cocking arm pushes against. I know the little Diana 22 etc and Webley Jaguar etc have this set up as well as some of the other Diana/Milbro gunsand this may be of some use.
    I drilled the 3 spot welds and then rotated the ring so the cocking arm would push against an unworn place. I then welded the ring back on (and got splatter on the Rod so it sounds like a Xylophone on cocking). I reckon Stud lock would probably do? If it would, then the ring could be rotated twice and then taken off and reversed, giving you 6 times the wear of the original.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    Any of our engineers comment on whether Stud lock would work on this?
    Hi Guy, need a photo or drawing really as not sure which bit you mean, sorry for not replying sooner by PM

ATB, Ed

You would probably need to make it a press fit with permanent loctite or find a friendly welder with a 'TIG' set.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Okay has anyone got pics of a worn piston of this type?
    A quick Google search for Webley Falcon + piston and then Images, does show one worn. You can see one of the spot welds as well. I am a prat and cannot do links to google searches!
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

I suppose once the spot welds have been drilled out you could insert steel dowels through the holes & grind flush, I would still want them to be a press fit & loctite though.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.