Thread: I'm doing a Charity Fundraising Shooting Record for 45yd unsupported standing shots

Thumbs up I'm doing a Charity Fundraising Shooting Record for 45yd unsupported standing shots

Hello all,

First off, thanks for reading this. I hope this is in the correct section for this sort of thing. If not, my apologies, and mods please move it as you see fit.

Quite a few of you will already know me from the HFT circuit as I've been shooting for a few years now.
    Those who don't know me, well, my names Anne Higgins, I'm in Cambridge and I'm looking to try and raise some money for a local hospice here called Arthur Rank House. The hospice helps and supports people with life limiting illnesses as well as their friends and relatives.

I'm not particularly good at swimming, the idea of a marathon fills me with dread and I don't fancy becoming a small stain in a large field whilst attached to an enormous sheet proving Newtons theory on Gravity.
    So.... I'd like to try and raise the money with a shooting challenge... an *Unofficial* record for the most knockdowns taken from an unsupported standing position at a 45 yard target with 40mm killzone within 5 minutes.

No rests, no stands and no stiffened jackets or trousers. Just me and my old Airwolf (Daystate not Webley) waving about in the breeze like a weathervane.

It'll be an unofficial record as I have contacted Guinness Records but sadly the only shooting related record they're willing to recognise is an endurance event of 24hrs or more.

The Challenge will take place on the first day of the Cambridge HFT Summer Safari, so Saturday July 12th 2014, before the main shoot.

I've just set up an online "Just Giving" page on their website which can be found here; http://www.justgiving.com/Anne-Higgins

The Arthur Rank website is here; http://www.arthurrankhouse.nhs.uk/

On a serious note it's a very special place staffed by some very special people. Our Macmillan nurse was based there and I'm very grateful for the bereavement support I'm now receiving from them having lost my husband Bill to pancreatic cancer last year.

If I can raise a few pounds for them doing this so they can help others in the future I'll be very happy.

It'd be great if this could become an annual event. Maybe if I can set a marker this year, next year someone fancies trying to beat it?

Thanks again for reading folks, and hopefully I might see some of you on the 12th.

Anne

*one week to go bump!* :d

welldone ,I wish you all the best of Luck.
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

Good luck - will be interested to see how it goes. A very worthwhile cause!
    OAKS - SIHFT Winners 2011, [SIZE=4][COLOR="#FF0000"] 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2015, 2023

Good luck Anne,

Excellent cause I'll put A few quid in the electronic hat, shortly

Best regards
    Steve
    Walther LGV, HW97k, HW95k, FWB Sport 124 & HW 45 all in .177

Smile

A massive THANK YOU to everyone who donated: so far we've raised just over £300 for Arthur Rank House which they're absolutely thrilled with.

The new 'record' was a great deal of fun, albeit quite challenging with that many expectant eyes watching my every move! I managed 12x 45 yard targets in the 5 minutes, so the marker is set!

Thanks again to everyone for their support, and next year I hope to see some challengers!