Thread: Been a long time coming...

Been a long time coming...

I've joined and posted in other forums so far, thought I'd join up here as any knowledge gained (or shared) has to be a bonus, yeah?

I've always been into shooting, even from back in the day with my cousin's GAT gun. Owned a good few rifles and pistols in my time from a G10 to an HW85 with Ratties and Lightnings in between. There was a big hiatus where there were sadly no firearms, I'm making up for that now.

Currently sitting with:

GSG92, with some "custom" work done and some polishing with a red dot
    CP99 with a P&H mod and red dot.
    CP88 (blued) with walnut grips, reflex sight and Matty mod
    Umarex Mod.586, 6" loud and proud
    Falcon Prairie CM .177, HW100 mod and 4-16x56 IR PAO SWAT
    TX 200 HC .22, CS800 stock, A&M Titch and 4.5-16x50 Nikko IR Gold Crown, stage 1 and TbT kit

Working on restoring a Sterling Armaments HR81 for my mate's Da, he's had it since new and it's suffering. I love the thing, completely quirky and typically British. Well over-engineered. Got myself a new leather piston seal, bolt probe seals and a Titan spring! It's gonna be like new.

My interests in airgunning are wide and varied, hence the joining of every forum I can find. Looking to add a rammer to my stable, preferably a Sirocco/Fenman/Evo. I'm looking for a .20, but I know my chances are oh-so-slim. Willing to buy a full rifle in a different calibre and keep my eyes peeled for a barrel in .20 at a later date.

Anyways, much appreciated for giving me use of your forum and hope I might be able to contribute.

Mick
    Last edited by Trouserferret; 26-05-2014 at 09:48 PM.

Hello and welcome to the forum Mick
    Bsa R10 se

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Welcome to a real forum Mick, seriously though great to have you join us.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by daystatedan View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum Mick
    Cheers, Dan.

Seems like a wealthy forum, seen a few threads about my chosen quarry (Theobens) already!

Missed out on a couple so far, and really feel like I need to experience a rammer (fnar, fnar). No-one round my neck of the woods shoots one, and it's been a must have for me since I was a lot younger. Always loved the look of 'em, and keep kicking myself when I hesitate on a rifle only to see it snaffled up.

I can (kinda) afford it now, so I'm becoming a "collector" before this piece of she-ite bill gets forced through in Scotland. I was just getting back into the sport too, a damn shame...

Hello mate .

And welcome to the forum .

All the best .

Andy .
    " Never mistake kindness for weakness "