Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Lincoln

Thumbs up Thanks to all from Lincs HFT Club

Hi All,

I just want to take this opportunity to thank all who attended round 3 here at Lincoln. It was a great turnout and it's you Guys and Gals who made it a success. Hope you all found the coarse both challenging and interesting.

Many thanks also to AGS for sponsoring the round, generously as usual. Great to catch up with you guys again.

Many thanks to the Guys at UKAHFT once again. Well organised and executed. Very professional. Yet another success.

Congratulations to all the winners of the various classes and the side shoots. Some very respectable scores being put in.

I want to thank the Lincoln team for your hard work in preparation for the round and in making this event happen, and that includes Andrea and Polly in the 'office' and my other half in the kitchen.

Apologies to those on the zero range during the first round when we had to temporarily close it for a while. We were getting reports of ricochet pellets on the HFT coarse and had to stop the shooting on safety grounds until we found the reason It turns out that the A4 sheets we used for target covered the crossbars and when hit caused the ricochets. Switching back to the Bisley targets fixed the problem and we were soon back in action

It was a very enjoyable round for me and it was great to shoot with Caroline Belas and Lewis and Paul Warbuton. Great fun too.

Finally, it was great to catch up with our shooting friends met at other rounds and new ones made at this one.

Nuff said.
    Dave Lock.
    Last edited by dvdlock; 12-06-2005 at 09:46 PM.

Well another fantastic weekend, thanks everyone for the laughs and the coffee

Jane

O by the way YES the feeling is excellent beating 'THE LEGEND' at his own game and then coming home and rubbing his nose in it

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Sparky
    Jane

O by the way YES the feeling is excellent beating 'THE LEGEND' at his own game and then coming home and rubbing his nose in it
    I wonder who told her to put that Mr Cooper

I'm sure we can get her banned on some sort of safety violation

Pete

BoNeS Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky
    I wonder who told her to put that Mr Cooper

I'm sure we can get her banned on some sort of safety violation

Pete
    i can see an in house civil war here, i am sure the marshalls will all fight for Jane

figjam Guest
    well just arrived in the door, thanks to lincoln for hosting a good round and for your hospitality!

your facilities are excellant and im going to rob some of your ideas for our range i think

nice to meet the regulars and well done to pete for letting us abue your caravan mate!
    and bones i forgot about the furry cup and large crack incident

and for the benefit of tony here you go mate..

(1)the position and hold must be firm enough to support the weapon.
    (2)the weapon must point naturally at the target without any undue physical effort.
    (3)sight alignment and picture must be correct.
    (4)the shot must be released and followed through without undue disturbance to the position

thanks to every one else who made my weekend enjoyable, personaly i walked off that course knowing that i'd shot well, so im happy, at the end of the day its only a day out and therefore you should enjoy yourself!

finally thanks to gaz and craig with whom i went around with i really enjoyed your company and the banter was excellant! thxs lads

cant wait for the next one, unfortuantly i wont be attending oxton due to the fact i cant go that length of tome let alone shoot straight without a drink the night before! had it been differant i might have considered it!

rgds

kenny

Just got in. Thanks and well done to Lincs many many Thanks to all the marshals on the day, you know it would'nt happen without you Well done to Pete Frohwein on a brilliant 59 and another well done to Jane even though we did have to bend the car door to get your head in

Thanks all

Kev
    You laugh at me because I'm strange I laugh at you because your stupid!
    A Turkey is for Christmas not for life.

Enzo Guest
    Top marks to the UKAFT lads and Lincoln for a cracking weekend...
    Thanks also to the course setters - what a well thought out course - nice mixture of shots which is what you want..

Well done to Jane for getting top ladies and what gun was it you were using again? (I think I'd hang on to that one now )

I shot with young Ben and he managed to get improve over his Quarry score by 9 points - so was a happy bunny.

See ya at the next round - cheques are in't post tomorrow Pete!

Gordon (also a happy bunny 'cos he shot his PB )

Young_Gun Guest
    Another excellent weekend as is the norm at theses events.
    Shot with Marc and Tom Zwieranski(Sp?)and had some of the best banter with them that I have had at any shoot.
    Well done to Jane for beating Peter and getting best lady and also too whoever the kind bloke was who pulled the car and caravan off that field
    Elaine your 'friend' was asking about you aswell
    Nice to see Bones put in his place by something a tenth his size when my doberman got hold of his ear and thought it was a pork chop.
    Also a massive thank you to all the marshalls and the event organisers(Pete,Lou,Kev etc)because without them it would never happen.

encore encore

well done to all involved in orchastrating this fine event.
    thanks for the sun in the second session and a big thanks to mick, david and joanne who i went around with. you all shot well!!!!
    a big thanks to a.g.s. for supplying all of the goodies at the end (puts a certain sponsor to shame really ) and also the other sponsers (sorry i think you are called guns n stuff but not to sure) for all of them shiny trophys that were handed out to those who got top scores.
    another cracking shoot as pete would say.

Thanks to Dave, Martin and all the others at Lincoln for putting on a really good day's shooting. I shot with Gail Osgerby and Andy Jones - thank you both for one of the nicest days I've had in HFT - it was a pleasure shooting with you. Gail shot a borrowed .22 and came in with a score of 52! How many was that, Gail??!! She's a blond (a very nice blond, I must add) and she beat me!!! No comment other than very well done, Gail! Andy too had a score I am jealous of! Not my best day today but hey, I won a scope in the raffle for my springer so it can't be bad.

Thanks also to the marshals for doing the usual good job, and especially to Merc for the help with the tent when I arrived late - another story there involving a wrong turn onto the M1, a delay after a big accident on the motorway and then a diversion off the A46 ...... It was a round trip of 638 miles this time (why is it so far from Plymouth?!).

I will post some photos in a day or two, I'm a bit busy tomorrow being called into my old job. I didn't take many of the presentations with the rain as it was - but the rest of the day was EXCELLENT!

Keith

Big Si is offline Great Uncle Bulgaria, Chief Womble
    A big thanks to Pete and Emma Lilly for showing me round and helping me out . It really was nice to be out in the country with like minded people

Rgds

Big Si
    Lo there do I see my father. Lo there do I see my mother, and my sisters and my brothers. Lo do I see the line of my people back to its beginning. Lo they do call to me and bid me take my place among them, in the Halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live forever.

GMF Guest

lincoln

I would like to say a big thank you to the organiser's of the shoot for such a brilliant day out and a thank's to the grub hut and the burger van (had to try them both no sunday dinner !).
    This was my first comp with a 177 pcp and i managed to score 52 which is brilliant considering the last comp i enter'd was with a 20 cal theoben evo at the end of the day i had the lowest score (out of a possible 100 i got some thing like 48) so i'm well chuffed.
    It was nice to meet new friend's and old hope to see you all at redfearn's as it's not possible for me to get to the next one
    all the best Glynn

dunkster Guest
    Thanks to the two lads that shot the same round as my son Chris and I, at Lincoln. Robert Dean and Tom. Thanks for the running commentry Tom. Hope to see you all at Oxton, shame its a month away.
    Thanks also to the team from UKAHFT and all the helpers from Lincs AHFT, Dave, Martin, the Chris's, Andrea, Polly and everyone who made it a great day. All the best.

DemonTraitor Guest
    I would also like to say thanks for a great day. A very nicely laid out venue, with some excellent facilities. It was a shame however that there was no 35 yard zero, so had to zero to 30 yards, but I still managed to get 53, so I am no longer a 50 virgin

Also - well done to Trisha for some good shooting, and Neil. Two very nice people

PS. 53 - No mildot, and shooting .22 - I am well chuffed

Quote Originally Posted by BoNeS
    oh and mrsregsmonster officially has a big crack
    You forgot to add that the big crack is in my forehead!

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Gun
    Elaine your 'friend' was asking about you aswell
    Which 'friend' the male one, the female one, or the shemale one?

E.
    You only have one body to live in, look after it.