Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Lincoln

Acenorth. is offline Extreme Ironing World Record Holder.
    Nice to meet you Elaine and Reg... I had you down as being a mid 40's couple. Reg only looks about 12

See you at North Oxon, you are shooting that one, aren't you?

Ian
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Don't assume anything.... It makes an ASS out of U and ME

And a special thanks to the lads that got me out of that field, even the lads who got sprayed with muck from the wheels Got to the A1 and sat in traffic for about an hour and got home at 9:45 without incident this time

Thanks to the lads at Lincoln for a really good weekend and to BoNeS for not keeping me awake all night with his snoring..I was comatose anyway

Nev

http://veteransinaction.org.uk My favourite Military Charity

http://nevsniggles.com Handyman Services

Lincs was for me the most enjoyable round so far! After only coming back from holiday on Saturday to learn that I was shooting with Gary C the following day the prospect was more than a little daunting and I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to it.

I needn't have worried though; Gary was a pleasure to shoot round with and was even gracious enough to pass on some of his hard earned experience of HFT.

Nice to see so many NEFTA shooters out there as well, and especially nice to see one walk way with the 1st place Trophy - nice one Paul

I still can't believe I missed the close stander though

Quote Originally Posted by BoNeS
    anyone else see that lad from ford jump up and hug his dad when he finished his last shot for a 50ex60
    pure class that is what its all about
    Yes mate - that was Richard, the Ford Ranges team captain with his son Ru. It was both of theirs highest ever score (they both carded a 50) and we are all chuffed to bits for them. I fully agree with you that we need to keep HFT as a family sport as like you say whatever else happens on the day it is events like this that make it all so worthwhile.

Another Ford Junior James Mason got his highest ever score, of 56 but lost out on countback for the junior runner up spot - and he's only been shooting for three months!

David

Quote Originally Posted by BoNeS

anyone else see that lad from ford jump up and hug his dad when he finished his last shot for a 50ex60
    pure class that is what its all about

That was my lad, Ruaraidh (Chase). He and I both cracked our first 50s at Lincoln - he's 11 and I've been shooting one way or another for 30 odd years. Where do you think the talent lies? I even nicked his s400 for the day and got him to use his brother's s200.

What a day! The smiles haven't worn off yet.

Big thanks to Bones - when you shook his hand he was the proudest kid on the planet - and me the proudest Dad

I love this sport

Big thanks to all.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson
    I can, i've seen you shoot

Great days shooting, not even getting p!ss wet through at the end spoiled it.

Was a pleasure (and a good laugh) shooting round with Peter, Jack "motormouth" and Matt.

Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by Acenorth.
    Nice to meet you Elaine and Reg... I had you down as being a mid 40's couple. Reg only looks about 12

See you at North Oxon, you are shooting that one, aren't you?

Ian
    T'was nice to meet you too

Mid 30's yes, 40's NO! The name Reg might suggest he's older, but that's not his real name, just a nickname that stuck.

I think it's being married to a slightly older lady, that keeps Reg's youthful looks!

Unfortunately, we can't make it to North Oxon us petrolheads are pre-booked for two car shows that weekend, but we will do our best to attend another one this year.

Mr & Mrs Reg
    Last edited by Elaine; 13-06-2005 at 11:13 AM.
    You only have one body to live in, look after it.

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson
    Lincs was for me the most enjoyable round so far! After only coming back from holiday on Saturday to learn that I was shooting with Gary C the following day the prospect was more than a little daunting and I'd be lying if I said I was looking forward to it.

I needn't have worried though; Gary was a pleasure to shoot round with and was even gracious enough to pass on some of his hard earned experience of HFT.

Nice to see so many NEFTA shooters out there as well, and especially nice to see one walk way with the 1st place Trophy - nice one Paul

Mr. Samson I have no idea what you mean...."Daunted". It was a pleasure to shoot with you, one of my most enjoyable rounds to date and likewise I learned a lot from shooting with you. And I can't believe you missed any the way you were shooting.
    Last edited by Gary C; 13-06-2005 at 01:52 PM.

Me and the lad had another great day out. We haven't been to a UKAHFT event and not enjoyed it yet. Can't wait for the Emley / Redfearn weekend

A big thanks to all involved.

Dave.

PS - beaten by the lad again

Well done and thanks to everybody involved in organising at Lincoln, had a great weekend as usual, as has already been said its not just about the shooting but the social side. Thanks to Ian, Steven and John "22 springer first time shooter" for your company and anybody else that i/we met up with.

GREAT WEEKEND THANKS TO ALL
    Cheers
    Roy
    badgeroy
    And i'll answer to anything else.

If a politician told me he was lying i would'nt believe him.

Thumbs up

Another very enjoyable weekend again - thanks to the course builders, organisers and fellow shooters!

The look of surprise on peoples faces in shoot-off was unmistakeable, when Alan H cocked his rifle - the ratchet sound giving away the fact that he had scored his 59 using a tx200sr springer!

[QUOTE=Numb Nut]Another very enjoyable weekend again - thanks to the course builders, organisers and fellow shooters!

The look of surprise on peoples faces in shoot-off was unmistakeable, when Alan H cocked his rifle - the ratchet sound giving away the fact that he had scored his 59 using a tx200sr springer! [/QUO

I'm not totally sure but i think that it was a recoilless springer which would put it in the same class as a PCP correct me if i'm wrong.
    Last edited by badgeroy; 13-06-2005 at 02:01 PM.
    Cheers
    Roy
    badgeroy
    And i'll answer to anything else.

If a politician told me he was lying i would'nt believe him.

I'm not totally sure but i think that it was a recoilless springer which would put it in the same class as a PCP correct me if i'm wrong.
    Yup, you are right - but still a springer and a keen demonstration of shooting skill, I reckon.

alan-aitch. is offline Burris Burris Burris Burris Burris Burris
    Quote Originally Posted by badgeroy
    Ahem....SR = SEMI-recoilless if you don't mind.

And yes, I did shoot it in open class.

Alan.

Well done, Alan. I for one was made up you where in the shoot out, and secretly hoping you would take the number 1