Thread: Problems with silencers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hi Droidy,

I'll maybe be collecting mine in the next few days, once my local dealer has them arrive into stock, so haven't viewed one "in the metal".

So, even with the adaptor in place, do they seem okay until you actually fit the silencer? For the time being, this wouldn't bother me.

Does the adaptor just fit by means of a grub screw?

Any decent, but cheapish, alternative adaptors available as, at some point, I might want to try my HW silencer on it?
    Yes the reports I have seen have shot fine with the adapter fitted, until a silencer is added. Then the grouping can go awry.

The barrel itself must be ok as it groups fine without a silencer, silencers tested were decent so the only real conclusion is the adapters, or at least some of them must be faulty.

I would avoid the £6 adapters and start with the Ronnie Sunshine ones at £11, or for under £20 you can get a nice custom steel one.

Or you could get a Matt Winser MWSS200 push on silencer.

Thank you very much for your advice and wisdom.

How's the Ratty business doing?

Some very pretty things on your site!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Ordered new adapter

I've ordered a new adapter should come tomorrow .then I'll do a load more testing with different silencers/pellets and report my findings , the adapter that come with it is held in place with a grub screw onto a flat piece of the barrel ! Just out of curiosity today I spun round the adapter 90 degrees and shot another 40 pellets and after a huge re zeroing vertical , it shot a constant group ? Go figure ?.

Thumbs up Update

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    Yes the reports I have seen have shot fine with the adapter fitted, until a silencer is added. Then the grouping can go awry.

The barrel itself must be ok as it groups fine without a silencer, silencers tested were decent so the only real conclusion is the adapters, or at least some of them must be faulty.

I would avoid the £6 adapters and start with the Ronnie Sunshine ones at £11, or for under £20 you can get a nice custom steel one.

Hi just a update , I have had other responses to this but they don't seem to have been added ? , today I put on a shorter silencer and rotated the factory fitted adapter 90 degrees and re-tightened the grub screw also used rws super dome 14.5 grain , and cut a hole the size of a 5 pence piece from 20 yards . Best results so far ! Will be trying it with another silencer adapter once delivered

Red face Update

Hi new silencer adapter arrived and fitted , just bought a £5 one off jramsbottom ( before I read droid post). Pleased to say gun now works with any silencer I put on it can nearlly put pellet on pellet , so i would say deffinatly a manufacture problem with the fitted crosman adapter . Thanks for the replies

Excellent news and thank you for the update.

I'm ringing my local shop tomorrow morning to see if mine's arrived, and will collect on the way to my new club on Wednesday.

Hope it's here.......
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

2250XL Silencer Adapter

See from 3 mins 45 sec into the video below, this fellow had similar problems of poor accuracy and spiralling pellets with a silencer fitted on the 2250XL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB2uQwheUV4

silencers

had this issue with many slip on type silencers and adapters. only option for me is a threaded barrel now. or in the case of my 2250 not using a silencer
    B.A.S.C. member

Is this problem with the standard ratcatcher 2250xl adaptor still ongoing or have later models been rectified?

Ive just bought one and would like to know which silencer to buy

I have the same problem with mine. Without the silencer its very accurate, fit itand i have two types and its all over the place.

Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post

I got a silencer off Steve Darrel around 2006/7 and it was great. push on delrin. sdcustoms is his website. Steve is a great guy to deal with. could spend a month or twos wages on his page

j lost it one day and bought one off a matt that used to post on here. it was great also.

not sure if he is matt winser though.