Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Simmo

tbf there's far easier ways of cheating, like saying you hit a knock down when you hit a plate?
    we know the rules and if we need a enforcer we'll let you know like rikki said most of us are there for the fun
    Sako A7.270,b14hmr 6.5cm,Weatherby vanguard.223,Browningt-bolt.17hmr,Ruger American.22l,M1903 30/06,Marlin.44 and a fireball throwing m44

Quote Originally Posted by simmmo View Post
    Well as you know I no longer drink and type.It is a direct lift from the UKAHFT website.I think common sense has to come into play as certain aspects of the above rules are not being strictly applied.Monkey.
    Honestly if I were to be looked on as a cheat I would be most annoyed to say the least.Andy I can see why you and others disagree about the way the rules are applied.so I'll do you a deal , I will shoot for laughs and you wont have call me a cheater and DQ me as long as I can shoot thats all that matters mate.And for others I think the debate is over really , lets just say if you are running the shoot you can apply the rules how you want and thats not a dig its just how it is.Rikki
    Never pull the trigger unless you know
    you are going to hit what you are aiming at.

Ok boys, calm down dear...

No one is accusing anybody of anything and i was having a little wind up with Andy, that's all

Andy is correct rules is rules and the rules we shoot are set by UKAHFT by choice

Some clubs shoot their own rules instead of UKAHFT as Rikki rightly says and that's ok as well!

It's tin chickens on our only day off....and we enjoy it, nothing bad about that
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    Ok boys, calm down dear...

No one is accusing anybody of anything and i was having a little wind up with Andy, that's all

Andy is correct rules is rules and the rules we shoot are set by UKAHFT by choice

Some clubs shoot their own rules instead of UKAHFT as Rikki rightly says and that's ok as well!

It's tin chickens on our only day off....and we enjoy it, nothing bad about that
    Totally agree with all of that Spongey and Simmo has said, rules is rules and we should stick by them. Shooting (HFT) should be fun and enjoyable, within the rules and those rules should apply to everyone!

Personally I would never alter the settings on my scope, I would always ask my shooting partner or someone else to do it for me.

Best regards
    Totally Hopeless

Buxted County HFT Republic of Crowzilla Sussex
    Quote Originally Posted by tugg View Post
    so what if my turrets or focus on my sightron move when I get it out of my bag ? Am I disqualified as I have moved them ,I may have shown my shooting partners they were zero-ed or am I then wrong to move them back to where they are supposed to be or should I see if my bag will move them back when it goes back in?.Its not trying to cheat it just trying your best to shoot how you started.
    As it is you yes.

Monkey
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

May I suggest that people read the rules thoroughly. A couple of posts clearly indicate that people haven't. Perhaps reading them rather than posting on here might prove more beneficial to all concerned.

Also remember that just because you shoot purely for fun the person on the next peg might be very competitive and watching you do something they consider against the rules. I can almost guarantee within their circle of friends they will mention this. Then someone will bring it to a marshals attention. Then I usually end up involved which invariably helps my shooting no end. Funnily enough I actually would rather not. This has happened frequently with people muttering about various people cheating over the years. Usually at the end of the day(when it is invariably too late but the stigma lasts) rather than challenging people there and then as it happens which may well prove them to be totally innocent.

SiHFT is a competition using a tried and tested rule format, your level of competitive participation is your choice but you will be expected to abide by the rules as is clearly stated at the safety brief at the beginning of each round. If you don't know them and fall foul then blame yourself not a marshal who is there giving up their time to help the whole thing run smoothly within the rules of the day.

My pm box is empty if anyone has any questions related not random.

Monkey.
    Buxted HFT Garage Guns are Us. Home of Crowzilla Doppers doughnut corner and SiHFT winners 2007 2008 2009 2010 2017 2018 2019.

Right this is getting out of hand now , i WILL shoot for fun and if that upsets anyone be it shooters beside me, you or
    anyone else so be it.
    The fact that others are in the race does no come into it now for me, just take it as i am there to participate only
    and not compete if that excludes me from shooting tell me now ?

lets face it you only have to put up with me once every six months.

Rikki

Nothing to do with you Rikki if it was I wouldn't be discussing it on an open forum.

It is to do with rules which is what you questioned at the beginning of the thread. I merely pointed out what they say.
    Contrary to popular belief I don't make them up.

Andy.

[QUOTE=simmmo;6379185]Nothing to do with you Rikki if it was I wouldn't be discussing it on an open forum.

It is to do with rules which is what you questioned at the beginning of the thread. I merely pointed out what they say.
    Contrary to popular belief I don't
    And my question to you still stands Andy, am I allowed to shoot for fun regardless of the person
    Next to me being ultra competitive.

So what is the UKAHFT rule for ir that switch off by there selfs ? Because I havent heard
    Or seen one post or rules that is directed towards the IR That turns off just ir in general.

Do I use it till it turns off(ie finish in different state than i started)or am I being told that this make of scope can not be used

why is a marshal directed to check a card on asking but i cant stay within the rules by
    Asking him to witness or even turn it on.

why can I inform my fellow shooters I am shooting two in the ground but stay within the rules
    but cant do the same with this issue.

Believe it or not I ask this question because I didn't want to break the rules but I will still
    be using it until Im told I can't or clear instructions are given how I can use my ir like others can
    Until then I guess we will have this debate popping up every now and again and hopefully we can
    Get a clear written rule addressing this IR self switch problem.

atb

Rikki

Rikki SiHFT is an Interclub competition and has been so since its conception. It is a closed event for members of the founding five clubs and now also Iden Ferns to compete in. Compete being the defining word. However I can’t speak for each individual hosting club so I will leave it to you to liaise with the club heads to see if they are willing for you to attend in a guest capacity shooting for fun on any given day. However if you are choosing to attend I would still expect you to enter into the spirit of the event and abide by the rules of the competition on that day just like everyone has been doing for the last few years in a format that has seen Sussex based HFT come on in leaps and bounds. I think you can see my view regarding the Buxted rounds. You can shoot but as a guest or club member you will be expected to be shooting in accordance with the rules. If you don’t want to shoot UKAHFT rules at Buxted on SiHFT days then don’t attend it is that simple.

The 2014 UKAHFT rules clearly say that no scope adjustments are allowed after your first shot. Also that you should mark your IR on and its intensity on your scorecard, and that this may be checked by a Marshall. Obviously if your IR has a power saving feature that is not able to be over ridden then if it is found to be on near the end then it must have been turned back on so therefore the scope has been touched. At the moment the UKAHFT ruling is that once it powers down it can not be re set to on. Much to the annoyance I am sure of people that shoot using March scopes and obviously yourself. At this point in time that is the UKAHFT stance as I believe it to be. So as we shoot UKAHFT that will be the ruling in SiHFT.

For any further clarification I suggest you pm Scooby on Shooting The Breeze or Sparky (who may be on holiday) as they write and decide the current rules.
    I know for a fact regardless of any other things that a blind eye may be turned to this is not one of them. I know this as people have shelled out £500 for a feature on a scope that they now find is unusable in UKAHFT rules events and why Spongey didn't buy one with IR.
    Maybe the rule will change but currently it is as it is.

Andy

I must say, a very comprehensive answer, put across in an intellectual and informative way!

God what am i saying...

Tis' true though Rik, i contacted the 'powers that be' regarding the ordering of my Scope and i was told that i wouldn't be allowed to turn it back on...so i ordered one without IR.

Saved me a few quid though!

Now wheres that Tin chicken gone...
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Samharveyoswald is offline Buxted County Freestyle Diving Champion
    Quote Originally Posted by blackscale View Post
    That was very professional of you Simpleton, not a swear word to be seen neither!

Can i fix my rifle if it breaks, IE is the 2 minute rule still valid?
    PMSL ! Since when the fu#k have you managed to take a shot within 2 minutes
    Buxted Hobbit Army

I've been involved in SiHFT since its inception and am very proud of what it has become. In the very beginning we had 5 clubs , some of whom were in a very formulative state, they had a handful of shooters with a wide range of kit but with a common enthusiasm for HFT. In those days we took a liberal view of the rules to encourage like minded shooters around the county to participate, in those days if there was one shoot on a month in Sussex you were lucky, otherwise you had to travel hundreds of miles to shoot.

As it developed the standard went through the roof and very quickly it became apparent that we have a real HFT goldmine in Sussex! But it also became clear that we have to enforce the rules consistently, sometimes this can appear harsh, but as has been pointed out, if you don't then rumour and accusation become rife and the bad feeling starts to undermine the whole thing. Believe me, I have tried to make judgement calls in the past which seemed fair at the time but which ended up much worse than applying the rules as they stand, because it muddies the water. The resulting fall out took ages to clear up. Far better to know exactly where you stand before you start and then there is no confusion.

I fully support Andy's approach and take my hat off to him for being willing to be our enforcer, not a job I would relish and remember, he is just a competitor like the rest of us, there are no perks for the organisers!

Regards

Richard

I
    Last edited by Enthusiast; 03-06-2014 at 09:21 PM.
    http://www.ford-hft.org.uk
    You come into this world with nothing, go out in debt and you've made a profit

Quote Originally Posted by Enthusiast View Post
    I've been involved in SiHFT since its inception and am very proud of what it has become. In the very beginning we had 5 clubs , some of whom were in a very formulative state, they had a handful of shooters with a wide range of kit but with a common enthusiasm for HFT. In those days we took a liberal view of the rules to encourage like minded shooters around the county to participate, in those days if there was one shoot on a month in Sussex you were lucky, otherwise you had to travel hundreds of miles to shoot.

As it developed the standard went through the roof and very quickly it became apparent that we have a real HFT goldmine in Sussex! But it also became clear that we have to enforce the rules consistently, sometimes this can appear harsh, but as has been pointed out, if you don't then rumour and accusation become rife and the bad feeling starts to undermine the whole thing. Believe me, I have tried to make judgement calls in the past which seemed fair at the time but which ended up much worse than applying the rules as they stand, because it muddies the water. The resulting fall out took ages to clear up. Far better to know exactly where you stand before you start and then there is no confusion.

I fully support Andy's approach and take my hat off to him for being willing to be our enforcer, not a job I would relish and remember, he is just a competitor like the rest of us, there are no perks for the organisers!

Regards

Richard

I
    Well said Richard!
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Samharveyoswald View Post
    PMSL ! Since when the fu#k have you managed to take a shot within 2 minutes
    Who the are you?
    Get back under your rock Samuel, this is a 'Team' conversation...

If you read my post correctly you would realise it was 2 minutes to 'repair' your rifle dicky