Thread: Rangefinder help

Rangefinder help

Hello all I'm after a rangefinder I've narrowed it down to 5 possibilities
    Nikon Aculon
    Hawke lrf 600
    Halo xrt
    6X32 Night Vision Infrared IR Monocular Scope Scout W/Laser Ranger
    PAO”-Professional Airgun Opticstm Solar 600 Camo-Coated Laser Range Finder
    Looking for your opinions ,if you've owned one of the above used any of them ,what would you recommend ect .or if your using something else let me know my budget is 150 thanks
    Bsa R10 se

Quote Originally Posted by daystatedan View Post
    Hello all I'm after a rangefinder I've narrowed it down to 5 possibilities
    Nikon Aculon
    Hawke lrf 600
    Halo xrt
    6X32 Night Vision Infrared IR Monocular Scope Scout W/Laser Ranger
    PAO”-Professional Airgun Opticstm Solar 600 Camo-Coated Laser Range Finder
    Looking for your opinions ,if you've owned one of the above used any of them ,what would you recommend ect .or if your using something else let me know my budget is 150 thanks
    I've got an acculon, seems accurate, lightweight, small in your hand & pocket and a good tool.
    Seems to struggle on misty days and can be difficult to hold steady in one hand, probably because it's so small.
    All in all I like it, I wanted somthing portable that worked, was cheap but from a renowned manufacturer so I chose the acculon (a11 I believe) and it really is easy to use.
    Good item!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    I have the Hawke LRF 600. No complaints really. It's robust enough. The sight picture could perhaps be a bit brighter? But for airgunning purposes it is great.
    While on the continent hunting in january, I was lent the gamekeepers very expensive swarovski rangefinding binoculars, in order to set up a zeroing target for another hunter. While I had them in hand I took the opportunity to compare them at various distances with the hawke - there was never any difference in the readout.
    Obviously the sight picture was nicer, but then you would expect that for an extra £1000...

FWIW I have heard that many of the cheaper rangefinders are identical internally, and are just rebadged for different companies.
    Good deals with these members

secretagentmole Guest

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    Yup
    Good deals with these members

Are you both suggesting this is the same as the hawks ?
    Bsa R10 se

get one which has an angle measurement. should help with the choice/narrow it down a bit.

Range finder

Hi, I have used the hawk lrf 600 for the last 4 years for daylight use its all you need. I have also got the technira night vision range finder which is adequate for darkness but no good for daylight in my opinion.
    mk2 rapid.22

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    I use a Hawke LRF400 and its spot on ! When the battery fades however, it thinks everything is 2-3 yds away but that's a good indicator to change the battery.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Unless your 2-3 yards from your target lol
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Unless your 2-3 yards from your target lol
    True
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by daystatedan View Post
    Are you both suggesting this is the same as the hawks ?
    Indubitably! Like it or not badge engineering happens. My Longridge is a superb range finder, had it 6 years, still works perfectly, was much cheaper than LRF when I bought it, now the prices are about even!

Oh fair enough . The only thing that puts me off about the one in the link is I can't find an English supplier so I'd worry about the guarantee . The hawks is more expensive but comes with a lifetime guarantee (I could be wrong) and deben do have exceptional customer service . It's the reason I won't consider the mtc rangefinders. since Gary and Sammy left it's dreadful in my opinion.
    Bsa R10 se

hawke rangefider

i have been using a Hawke LRF400 for 12 months now, can only say good things about this model and would totally recommend it if your looking to get a range finder

I bought a Hawke LRF 600 pro solar about 4 years ago, and to date, it has never missed a beat. I bought this model because I liked the idea of charging up the battery from the suns rays.
    Although Hawke don't actually sell this particular model any more, I'm pretty sure that any of their range finders will be just as good and up to the job,

John

Hawke 600 pro Solar :
    Last edited by luckymjr; 22-02-2017 at 12:38 PM.
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal