Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Full power BSA meteor....

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Got a minute to chrono it this evening.....5.5 ft.lbs. I'm not disappointed at this, as I spoke to the original owner who had hold me that he'd collapsed a coil or two, to reduce power for indoor targets.

But I won't get the chance to either obtain and fit a standard spring, or to try spacing it out. At this power level, it's simply not going to cut it much over twenty yards, no matter how sweetly it shoots.
    I don't care, just bring it It if annoys me I'll upgrade it whilst you are distracted

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Budd View Post
    I don't care, just bring it It if annoys me I'll upgrade it whilst you are distracted
    Oh, okay then!

As said earlier, there'll be lots of other full powered stuff anyway, and I'll have the 77 and Predator; especially for Rhys.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

resurrection!

just thought Id bring this thread back to life as I too was messing about with my .22 meteor today... the wee rifle has been in bits in the shed for yonks.
    Just a simple strip and polish - I swapped the piston for another one I had in the spares box - dont know where that came from !! The spare was straighter and much less crap looking, for want of a better description. The head also fit the keyhole much tighter.
    anyway, I cleaned it all up and made a bit holder for a 3mm drill bit so I could reach down into the transfer port.. I opened up and polished the port, deburred the cocking slot and polished the trigger and piston bearing surfaces
    That was enough for today, so I reassembled for a test fire - I know its going to slam but I just want to get a feel for it again as I havent shot it in months.
    slamming, twanging and doing 7fpe.
    tomorrow Im going to make a steel tophat, internally threaded and a hw seal adapter which Ill screw into the tophat - I have a hw35 here that will donate its seal as Im planning to do a reduced bore conversion on that one.
    Ill also make up a sleeve and if that doesnt stop the twang, a rear guide.
    hopefully that will get me close to where I want to be - near John's 11fpe
    Donald

Oh no Donalds been infected

This time next year his workshop is going to be full of springs, seals, bits of tube, brass and alloy, old pistons and barrels and all manner of crap he bought of e-bay!

Help poor Donald now before this terrible affliction becomes a full blown addiction!

Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post

This time next year his workshop is going to be full of springs, seals, bits of tube, brass and alloy, old pistons and barrels and all manner of crap he bought of e-bay!

Help poor Donald now before this terrible affliction becomes a full blown addiction!
    its too late mate - its just too late, Ive got boxes for my boxes of bits. Ive got moly impregnated fingernails. I could stuff a mattress with the delrin swarf laying round the lathe. Im considering getting a mini fridge out there
    Donald

Oh that poor man

Hang on, mini fridge?

Good project

Hw35 seal will be a bit tight though... You need a 26mm dia, not 30...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Artfull-Bodger View Post

I recognise those symptoms
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Oh, okay then!

As said earlier, there'll be lots of other full powered stuff anyway, and I'll have the 77 and Predator; especially for Rhys.
    IL be up the end going pfft!!

Just realised this comment was 2014!!!! jeez I've been on here a while now!!! Lol
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 20-02-2017 at 11:06 PM. Reason: Realising how long I'd been on here!!!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I recognise those symptoms
    Aye

There's no cure for it either Jon :.......I'm not sure if that's a bad thing

Good project

Hw35 seal will be a bit tight though... You need a 26mm dia, not 30...
    lol... quite correct - I dont know what I was thinking!!
    This morning I made up a wee brass tophat, 12g - maybe a bit light, and a ptfe sleeve.. its deiselling slightly so I only got one good reading from the combro of 8fpe - I need to find another bit of brass and make up a heavier one - about 20g.. , I also shimmed the sear to keep it central.
    next, Ill take the rounded nose off of the oring head and gain a couple mm of stroke. Ill also try a delrin guide as theres still a tiny bit of twang.
    one thing that I have noticed about both this meteor and my dads lightning, is the loud 'clack' when the sear engages the piston - is this normal?
    Donald