Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy Berger Bullets at sensible price?

Where to buy Berger Bullets at sensible price?

Does anyone know where to buy Bergers bullets from..??

Prices seem to have gone through the roof..

I'm interested in:
    80gn .224
    185gn .308
    180gn 7mm (.284)

Thanks for any suggestions....

Norman Clark usually have a good supply
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

Hannam's had a delivery a couple of weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by pbranthwaite View Post
    Norman Clark usually have a good supply
    Yes, always see a good range of Bergers whilst getting my usual Noslers...

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    There should be more coming in soon, a lot got held up by customs.

They are the defacto bullet with the F class lot, but dont be shy in trying other brands. There are some good offerings out there that can be got hold of.

The problem is that the supply problems have caused some to cash in at the expense of their customers.

The prices just seem to keep rocketing, I have started using the Aussie HBC (only currently available in .308 155gr). near as dammit same Bc as the Berger 155.5, and shoots better than the 155.5 and Hybrid from my rifle.

Best news....£30 per 100 and phenominally consistent. Bergers, £50+ per 100 if you can get them. Still I suppose if I could shoot properly I would see the difference....
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Elwood is offline Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean to say they aren't trying to get me.
    Berger bullets and sensible prices are words not often used in the same sentence.

I would try Dolphin Gun company over Norman Clark, my bet is they will be cheaper

The new Lapua Scenar L in 7mm 180 grain is worth experimenting with as they are significantly cheaper than Berger.
    God has a hard on for green rifles

what about the USA ?
    Rapid 7 / 10-22 ATN 2 Stiller Predator .204 Pulsar N970 Tikka T3 semi custom ATN MARS thermal.204 Tikka T3 Semi.223 Wylde IOR Operator Lawton 6mmBR Kahles Gen 3 - Stiller 6.5 x 47 Bushnell BDX - Winchester Red Performance SX3 12g

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    Berger bullets and sensible prices are words not often used in the same sentence.
    ^^^^^^ this !!!

Try Brian Fox, he is usually very reasonable for reloading items.

Contact details here >> http://www.foxfirearmsuk.com/

ATB
    Alan

How about Karl at Alpin Hunting in Italy?

Reasonable carriage, quick to arrive if he's got them in stock and he takes P'pal (just don't mention boolits)..... a bit 'difficult' to get hold of though but does respond to emails.

I couldn't get the on-line payment to work for me... which is where the P'pal bit came in, this was last year and it may have been sorted out by now.

http://www.alpinhunting.com/index.ph...ER-BERGER.html

Bought two batches of Sierra Blitz Kings for the .20Prac from him..... one to my local friendly RFD and the other direct... no problems or hassles with either.

Cheers

Fizz
    Last edited by fizzbangwhallop; 09-06-2014 at 11:53 AM.
    http://www.nightvisionforumuk.com...... you know it makes sense!

Elwood is offline Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean to say they aren't trying to get me.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbangwhallop View Post
    How about Karl at Alpin Hunting in Italy?

Reasonable carriage, quick to arrive if he's got them in stock and he takes P'pal (just don't mention boolits)..... a bit 'difficult' to get hold of though but does respond to emails.

I couldn't get the on-line payment to work for me... which is where the P'pal bit came in, this was last year and it may have been sorted out by now.

http://www.alpinhunting.com/index.ph...ER-BERGER.html

Bought two batches of Sierra Blitz Kings for the .20Prac from him..... one to my local friendly RFD and the other direct... no problems or hassles with either.

Cheers

Fizz
    £54 for a box of 7mm 180gr vld's from Alpine hunting, it's not the cheapest, but it's also not the most expensive.

You can buy from the USA, and possibly save a small amount, but we are only talking about a pound or two unless you get in under the radar. Don't even think about expanding projectiles unless you're a RFD.

they are significantly cheaper than Berger.
    So are genuine Moon rocks.

tac

£54 for a box of 7mm 180gr vld's from Alpine hunting, it's not the cheapest, but it's also not the most expensive.

You can buy from the USA, and possibly save a small amount, but we are only talking about a pound or two unless you get in under the radar. Don't even think about expanding projectiles unless you're a RFD.
    There's nothing in the rules that say you can't import expanding missiles, or even loaded rounds on your own behalf providing you have the calibre and the entitlement on your ticket .... there's no way I would have wanted to risk getting in the doo-doo when it came to renewal. The official line is that the Border Agency check you against the National Firearms Register... whether they do or not is up to them. This has been discussed at length on here and other forums...... eg Stalking Directory.

It's not against the Royal Mail rules as the parcel is arriving from outside the UK...... think mine came by courier anyway.

The advantage of Alpin is that VAT is already paid.. albeit at 22% but I guess you could claim that back if you had a mind to.

Cheers

Fizz

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbangwhallop View Post
    There's nothing in the rules that say you can't import expanding missiles, or even loaded rounds on your own behalf providing you have the calibre and the entitlement on your ticket .... there's no way I would have wanted to risk getting in the doo-doo when it came to renewal. The official line is that the Border Agency check you against the National Firearms Register... whether they do or not is up to them. This has been discussed at length on here and other forums...... eg Stalking Directory.

It's not against the Royal Mail rules as the parcel is arriving from outside the UK...... think mine came by courier anyway.

The advantage of Alpin is that VAT is already paid.. albeit at 22% but I guess you could claim that back if you had a mind to.

Cheers

Fizz
    I knew you could bring back projectiles in person, we live and learn, cheers.

I knew you could bring back projectiles in person, we live and learn, cheers.

No probs.... worked well for me when SBK's were in short supply last year.

Cheers

Fizz