Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to buy Berger Bullets at sensible price?

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    I knew you could bring back projectiles in person, we live and learn, cheers.
    Do not think so, least not from the US, to quote responce from DDTC on 16-03-12 thus:

Yes, an export license is required for ammunition and for the components, brass, powder, bullets and primers.
    Only a US person registered with DDTC as an exporter can apply for the license.
    Stephen M. Geis
    DDTC Response Team
    Contractor, XL

NOTE: Information in this message generally discusses controls and information contained in the Arms Export Control Act and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), both of which are authoritative on this matter. The Response Team fields basic process and status questions, and assists exporters in identifying how to get answers to more complex questions handled by the Directorate of Defense Trade Control's licensing and compliance offices.

And re. bypassing the system using a DSP-83:

The DSP-83 is not a license or authorization to export. It is a “Non-transfer and Use Certificate” required supporting documentation for submission of a DSP-5 export license application, when the item being exported is significant military equipment (SME) as define in part 120.7 of the ITAR.

Stephen M. Geis
    DDTC Response Team
    Contractor, XL

The saving grace in all this is TSA do not have clue, neither do the air carriers

To get caught is a Federal offence and can be expensive - have been 'done' so will not risk it any more. As always your personnal call. I would not recomend doing so.

If exporting legally hand carry is not an option in the process.

FYI ITAR and its associated phobias have become much worse since 2012, the actual laws were in place before 9/11.

T

ps please, before shouting 'BS' just ask the DDTC yourself, direct simple questions, then post thier responce.

Elwood is offline Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean to say they aren't trying to get me.
    Terry, does this apply to all projectiles or just expanding?

I was under the impression that a few of my friends brought back target bullets from a recent trip to the USA.
    God has a hard on for green rifles

Elwood,

Anything from the US, be it just one bullet or case, regardless or type, target, hunting or military.

But everyone brings them back, sometimes by the 100's

The TSA do not understand the laws and the airlines are not bothered (caveat live rounds do have restrictions)

Again, I would not recommend doing this, it is against the law and carries quite severe penalties (as I found out ) along with a chance of restricted entry to the US. If your job requires you go to the US just not worth it.

T

ps the '$100' rule went a while back and never applied to brass or bullets in the first place, just non essential firearm components.

Shooting-supplies.eu

http://www.shooting-supplies.eu/en/p...arget-vld.html

Have ordered online and visited in person, great service and good pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lykoris View Post
    Shooting-supplies.eu

http://www.shooting-supplies.eu/en/p...arget-vld.html

Have ordered online and visited in person, great service and good pricing.
    Yes a very good company , just bought another 500 155 scenars and another press to add to my collection , good prices and service
    mike

it's owned and run by shooters who originally set it up to get better pricing as some local gunsmiths were too expensive.....so you will also be supporting shooters with your business

australian hbc's

Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    There should be more coming in soon, a lot got held up by customs.

They are the defacto bullet with the F class lot, but dont be shy in trying other brands. There are some good offerings out there that can be got hold of.

The problem is that the supply problems have caused some to cash in at the expense of their customers.

The prices just seem to keep rocketing, I have started using the Aussie HBC (only currently available in .308 155gr). near as dammit same Bc as the Berger 155.5, and shoots better than the 155.5 and Hybrid from my rifle.

Best news....£30 per 100 and phenominally consistent. Bergers, £50+ per 100 if you can get them. Still I suppose if I could shoot properly I would see the difference....
    Parabuteo,
    Where did you get these from? I was given a sample many years ago abd really found them good. The guy who gave me the sample lived in oz, I never found a UK supplier!