Thread: Mounts

Mounts

Can anyone advise! I have just purchased a s/h HW 97k with a Hawk reflex 3 x 9x50 scope minus the mounts.The question is what are the best mounts to have, two separate mounts or the single type.Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to the forum mate
    In my personal opinion I'd go with the one piece mounts as I believe it helps with taking the recoil out
    But ask this question in the general section you'll get more help there ,not many people visit thus bit
    Atb
    Dan
    Bsa R10 se

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I think quality is a big issue - a good two piece is better than a cheap one piece, but all things equal I'd get the one piece if it fits - but think ahead also to your next gun

I have Daystates, and because of the loading area and magazine I can't use a one piece, so prefer the longer distribution and hold of a decent set of two piece mounts which could be used on any gun in the future.

Just my opinion though.

James

Ta

Many thanks Dan & James.

Quote Originally Posted by dougthedig View Post
    Can anyone advise! I have just purchased a s/h HW 97k with a Hawk reflex 3 x 9x50 scope minus the mounts.The question is what are the best mounts to have, two separate mounts or the single type.Thanks in advance.
    either will be fine for a low recoil rifle like the weihrauch. One piece needed for gas rams and springers with a hefty kick.