Thread: Postal Competitions

Postal Competitions

Does anyone know of any postal competitions for air rifle or pistol. I've not got a air rifle yet but if there is any postal comps just wondering what calibre they are in or do they have different ones for different calibres

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Postals

Yes, there are postals run by the NSRA, and also very good ones run by the Dorset association, but from your basic questions I suspect you may need to resolve some of the basics, such as all air target shooting is with 4.5mm, the best bet is to join an NSRA affiliated club, the "club finder" from the NSRA website will help you wth one in your area or even phone them to ask as all clubs are not on the site.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

There are loads about on the Internet, BSAOG run a multi distance and multi calibre one, Umarex Boys Club run loads but are mostly pistol with some rifle stuff, some Bell Target teams run postals during the summer months,....

Its just a matter of looking.

As Robin has stated, your ideal calibre would be .177, and in some multi calibre postals there can be advantages in scoring to be had with this calibre, but in the BSAOG even I shoot the mid range stuff with a .22 Lightning XL

I'd go .177 and go have some fun, it'll be fine for all other things you could do with the rifle aswell then

ATB

Sean
    Slowly morphing into an RWS/Diana/Original fanboy.

Definitely a springer fanboy.

6 Yard MPL Series

The 6 yard MPL series has been very popular since it started and has good growing support.

The rules and the results can be seen here on the BBS ( and other places) and the next series will run from July - December so we will be inviting entries for this latest season of shooting from now onwards.

We shoot air pistol in both .177 and .22 calibre's and if we have enough interest we will include .177 rifle for the first time as well.

Basically this competition is for spring powered and SSP air pistols ( and maybe rifles if enough want to give it a try) as these types are usually the most affordable and therefore make a good place to start target shooting against others with similar priced target pistols.

This also brings out some of the classic air pistols and gives a good opportunity to exercise them at least once a month as well.

The format is to shoot 6 (pre-stamped) cards a month, each with 5 shots on them and then to submit your scores by email to George every month who kindly looks after and displays the scores for us all so everyone can see how they are getting on.

The MPL is a very good place to start your target shooting career and for many of us it remains an absorbing competition to be involved with.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.