Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
oooh that is rather nice .[osprey strgt]
The Osprey ST is for sale.

It has had a pair of new rings fitted ( thanks to IJ) and we were lucky enough to find a brand new and genuine Osprey Supertarget mainspring in stock at Manchester Airguns so it was nicely lubed and put back together again.

Many of these old target rifles end-up with overpowered mainsprings ( sacrilege) - and this one was no different - but it is back to original specification now.

The loading tap has been lapped-in so I think most of the usual wear points have been attended to - but it still needs some pellets putting through it to bed it all back in again.

The optional (at the time) target stock has been stripped and oiled and the new set of AA target sights bring the rifles appearance right up to date but a collector could just bolt-on a vintage set if the original ( and ugly front sight) in my opinion sights were preferred.

The "Supertarget" cover-plate is still in place and as all Osprey ST came with scope rails it could also double-up with a scope fitted for some fun plinking (a previous owner has fitted a scope retention screw for this purpose).

I am open to offers...