Thread: 2014 6 yard MPL Postal Competition. Autumn/Winter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Welcome back Phil !

Rickenbacker is back in the frey and ready to cross swords with RedBob again!

Welcome back - I look forward to reading about your exploits and updates

Keep checking with #3 to see who has entered..and if your name is not there yet I can tell you there is plenty of time for you to change that - just send in your entry for the pistol or rifle comp (or both) and see you name added to the list
    Last edited by zooma; 02-09-2014 at 03:14 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Rickenbacker is back in the frey and ready to cross swords with RedBob again!

Welcome back - I look forward to reading about your exploits and updates

Keep checking with *3 to see who has entered..and if your name is not there yet I can tell you there is plenty of time for you to change that - just send in your entry for the pistol or rifle comp (or both) and see you name added to the list
    Thank ya Bob!

Sorry I've had my head down for weeks, busy trying to source an MPL legal rifle to "stick it" to Red Bob with.

Now I have one, I'm afraid I'm likely to start lots of threads about i.e. How the heck do I shoot this thing, front sight element sizes, lubricating the diopter, etc etc etc...

Having looked at the "Air 7" 5 diagram rifle target, I reckon to begin with I'll just aim 5 shot at the middle. Knowing that I'm likely to randomly fling one shot towards each corner, and a lucky one somewhere near the center.

Onwards, upwards, and thanking you for your eternal kindness Bob

ATB - Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Thank ya Bob!

Sorry I've had my head down for weeks, busy trying to source an MPL legal rifle to "stick it" to Red Bob with.

Now I have one, I'm afraid I'm likely to start lots of threads about i.e. How the heck do I shoot this thing, front sight element sizes, lubricating the diopter, etc etc etc...

Having looked at the "Air 7" 5 diagram rifle target, I reckon to begin with I'll just aim 5 shot at the middle. Knowing that I'm likely to randomly fling one shot towards each corner, and a lucky one somewhere near the center.

Onwards, upwards, and thanking you for your eternal kindness Bob

ATB - Phil
    No Problem Phil,

I have sent your two entry packs and spare targets to you today by DPD so everything should be with you tomorrow morning,

Thanks for your support - Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    No Problem Phil,

I have sent your two entry packs and spare targets to you today by DPD so everything should be with you tomorrow morning,

Thanks for your support - Bob.
    Package received today Bob Many thanks

Now I'm off to tease RedBob on the other MPL thread!

Diana Model 6

I am selling my Diana Model 6 and only mention it here as it would make a very good pistol for use in this MPL series .

The pistol is stamped 05 69 so it was made in May 1969 and has the serial number 030469.

The pistol is a true classic as it is one of the very first types of Giss system recoilless air pistols and in use at RMTC this week it shot well with good power and was able to produce a good tight group at 10 metres, so it would be ideal for use in this 6 yard postal competition.

The one piece brown moulded grip is in good condition with very few marks and provides an excellent hand-hold that in previous years ( 1970's !) enabled me to hit several "possibles" at 10 meters with a similar example that I owned at the time. During this time period the Model 6 was the most popular air pistol in club use and was often able to embarrass its newer Model 10 cousin and more expensive Feinwerkbau Model 65 rival.

Condition wise the pistol is very good (better than most that we have seen of this type) and at £130.00 it is not too expensive for a recoilless match pistol. It is also not "pellet fussy" and shoots well with GECO, Hobby, RWS CO2 and R10.

The pistol can be seen, inspected and shot by anyone that may like to buy it or I can post it to (almost) any UK mainland address for £10.00 if the buyer is unable to travel to collect it.
    Last edited by zooma; 18-09-2014 at 09:36 PM.

Can I still enter the 6 yards MPL competition ?

Believe it or not I am still being asked if it is possible to enter the current 6 yard MPL postal series.

The answer will always be YES - but please remember the current competition will end this December and the new competition will start in January 2015 and run for 6 months until June 2015.

If you are happy to shoot all 6 months worth of targets (6 targets per month = 36 targets) by the end of December and email your results to George (6ydmpl@gmail.com)
    by the same closing then you would be most welcome to do so.

If however you prefer to shoot in a more relaxed time period then please make your entry for the new (optimistically named) 2015 Spring/Summer Competition when your first 6 cards should be shot by the end of January 2015 and then six more cards per month after that.