Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 6 yard MPL Postal Competition. Autumn/Winter

6 yard MPL Postal Competition. July - December 2014

The next 6 yard MPL Postal Competition (series 3) will start in July this year and run for 6 months until December

There will be no changes to the rules or the entry fees and we will continue to run air pistol competitions for .177 air pistol and another for .22 air pistols.

For the first time this year we will also run a .177 air rifle competition - hopefully this will get some support as it should be an excellent competition for home target shooters and bell target shooters.

Round 1 of the 6 yard MPL series will start in July so we would like to get the entries in and to start work making a large stack of targets stamped-up and ready to go. Late entires will still be accepted at any time.

The 10 metre MPL series is now a well established and respected competition with the rules well and truly sorted and working efficiently and its 6 yard postal series younger brother is also starting to share this success as it enters its third series.

Last year the postal charges increased but they remain the same for this season.

The cost to enter the competition is still a tenner (£10.00) and we have reduced the cost of spare targets and we now send them out x100 at a time for another tenner (£10.00) to anybody that would like to buy some from us.

Air 8 targets can also be bought in bulk direct from the NSRA in packs of 3000 for those that intend to practice a lot .

The cost to send an entry pack to you is £3.70 by First Class "Signed For". Total for entry and post is £13.70.

The cost to send an entry pack to you with an extra 100 practice targets is £6.50 by "next working day" carrier. Total for entry and practice targets with delivery is £26.50.

We can also send larger parcels (any size) by carrier for just £10.00 to a UK address, so if a group of competitors are able to combine their entries and need a larger quantity of practice targets sending all in the one box this will cut the delivery costs.

Entry packs and spare targets can be collected to save postage and delivery charges if you are able (or know anyone) that is able to collect them from us.

Anybody that would like to send their entry fees to us by PayPal can use this address:- target@rossmod.co.uk ( please see the next thread about PayPal charges)

For those that prefer to pay by bank transfer sort code 40-38-03. acct no:- 51178296 acct name:- Rossendale Model Car Club.

We can also accept good old fashioned cash if you can call in person or send it safely to us.

The new email address to send your scores to after you have shot each complete round of 6 cards is now 6ydmpl@gmail.com

Overseas entries are welcomed - PM zooma for more details.
    Last edited by zooma; 23-07-2014 at 04:40 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Payment by PayPal

We have been made aware of the charges that PayPal inflict upon us.

Our basic entry pack costs £10 and the postal charge is £3.70 to send them to you (total £13.70). Pay Pal will take £0.67.

The basic entry pack with 100 spare targets is £26.50 including the carriers "next working day" delivery. The PayPal charge for this is £1.10.

Most competitors have sent their entry fees to us via PayPal so our thanks to those that have sent their entry payment to us without charges.

Those that have sent their payment by direct transfer to the clubs bank account have not attracted any charges at all.

We want to keep the cost of entry to this superb competition to a tenner so please avoid the PayPal charges if you can.

Thanks for your understanding as I admit I never thought about this either...until I saw the PayPal account history!
    Last edited by zooma; 26-06-2014 at 06:48 AM.

First Entries Start to Arrive

The first entries for the 2014 Autumn/Winter 6 yards MPL postal competition have started to arrive whilst I have been away - so now I have to get some target packs made up and get them posted out as the entries come in.

Please make sure to send me the address to send the entry packs to and I will get them posted to you as fast as possible.

Thanks for your continuing support for this superb "shoot from home" competition

.177 Air Pistol.

Rob H. (heirflick).
    Les Latham (learning curve).
    Sean H. (TheWilding)
    Bob S. (zooma).
    Robin. (Hares Ear).
    George M. (thirdwheel)
    Sarah M. (starboard)
    Glyn Davies.
    Duncan G (Frog).
    Gareth Small.(nismo)
    Graeme F.(appinpar68).
    Rob B. ( red bob).
    John L. (perlin).
    Raymond B.(raymondo)
    Chris G.( nissman)
    Paul N. (Solonian).
    Chris H.
    John G. (BlackBess).
    Chris S.
    John B.(johnb0001).
    Frank P. (BaggieBoy).
    Phil McB.(Rickenbacker).

.177 Air Rifle.

Sean H. (The Wilding)
    Mark B. (buzzz)
    Robin (Hares Ear).
    Neil Daniels.
    Glyn Davies.
    Mark Burrows.
    Austim O'C. (bikergus)
    Duncan G (Frog).
    Rob B. ( red bob).
    John L. (perlin).
    Mark H. (wrecker).
    Paul N. (Solonian).
    Phil McB.(Rickenbacker).
    Last edited by zooma; 02-09-2014 at 03:04 PM.

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Just sent my entry fee (as a gift on paypal) for the Autumn/winter series, plus 100 spare targets please.

Cheers,

Les (learningcurve)
    Last edited by learningcurve; 28-06-2014 at 09:26 PM.
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Quote Originally Posted by learningcurve View Post
    Just sent my entry fee (as a gift on paypal) for the Autumn/winter series, plus 100 spare targets please.

Address for posting is:

Les Latham
    25 Bryn Eithin
    Pentre Halkyn
    Holywell
    Flintshire
    CH8 8HZ

Cheers,

Les (learningcurve)
    Thanks Les,

I will get the new ink pad fitted to the target stamp and get cracking!

Bob.

? 6yd rifle?

Hi,

is there going to be a 6yd rifle comp? If so what will the entry details be like - I would enter both pistol and rifle so hopefully could combine on postage costs.

Cheers

Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Hi,

is there going to be a 6yd rifle comp? If so what will the entry details be like - I would enter both pistol and rifle so hopefully could combine on postage costs.

Cheers

Frog
    If we have enough support to run a competition for 6yd yard air rifle then we will do so. We are happy to run a competition with as few entrants as we have had for the .22 pistol competition so we do not need many to join you to make it work.

The rules will be the same as for the pistol - except you can us a .177 spring powered or SSP single shot air rifle instead of the pistol and the targets will be 6 yard rifle targets instead of the 6 yard pistol targets.

The first of the target packs are beings sent out today to those that have sent their entries in.

Only the .177 air pistol has had any entries so far.

Check the list on the THIRD entry of this thread to see if your entry has been received and sent out to you and let me know if your name is missing from the list.
    Last edited by zooma; 02-07-2014 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by learningcurve View Post

Address for posting is:

Les Latham
    25 Bryn Eithin
    Pentre Halkyn
    Holywell
    Flintshire
    CH8 8HZ

Cheers,

Les (learningcurve)

Sent today by UPS Les- so they should be with you tomorrow.

Thanks for your support - Bob.

Holywell, North Wales (twinned with Trumpville)
    Cheers Bob, will let you know when it's arrived. Les
    Is there such a thing as owning too many guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Frog View Post
    Hi,

Cheers

Frog

The first rifle entry has been received so we need some more to send in an entry to make it work.

Are you still interested?

I will put two packs together and see how the postage works out.
    Last edited by zooma; 25-06-2014 at 05:03 PM.

Hi Bob
    Count me in,my name is Mark Burrows,.177 rifle, i will pay via Paypal.
    Regards
    Mark.

Payment made via Paypal as a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by buzzz View Post
    Payment made via Paypal as a gift.
    Hi Mark,

Thanks for your support.

I have bought a batch of Air 8 targets earlier this week so I can get the rifle entry packs prepared and should be able to get them in the post next week.

Hi Bob

Payed via paypal for .177 rifle comp

Neil