Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 6 yard MPL Postal Competition. Autumn/Winter

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

hi bob and fellow competitors,entry fee submitted looking forward to my mpl fob arrival.
    the prize for end of year is near completion and comprises of a mk8 bell target with free standing plinth which are bolted together but can be separated for transport.the plinth sets the correct regulation height and will have a brass plaque rivited on with the winners name stamped on etc.good luck all.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Just to confirm, sent entries in for both competitions yesterday.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by perlin View Post
    Just to confirm, sent entries in for both competitions yesterday.
    John
    Thanks for your support John.

I will get your entry packs and targets away to you on Monday.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    hi bob and fellow competitors,entry fee submitted looking forward to my mpl fob arrival.
    the prize for end of year is near completion and comprises of a mk8 bell target with free standing plinth which are bolted together but can be separated for transport.the plinth sets the correct regulation height and will have a brass plaque rivited on with the winners name stamped on etc.good luck all.
    I have seen the picture of this bell target - and the impressive stand it is mounted on!

Good work Bob - thanks for your support and your generous prize for the MPL 6 yard Rifle Postal Competition.

Your entry packs (with pistol key fob) will be sent out on Monday ( hate sending stuff out over the weekend!)

cheers bob got that;better get practising i know "rick" will be warming up for the autumn challenge :doesn't know the hardware hes up against yet!!

cheers bob got that;better get practising i know "rick" will be warming up for the autumn challenge :doesn't know the hardware hes up against yet!!
    lol... I'm a flipping terrible shot with a rifle... there's no way I would have bothered with the rifle MPL, but the chance of winning the very generous prize, from one of Lower Rustington's leading bell target makers -- has won me over!

I don't even own an iron-sighted rifle at present, so as of today, I'm looking for one

I reckon Red Bob will be competing with something rubbish like a BSA Cadet or an old Meteor.

Therefore if anybody has a superb (though not too heavy), (MPL legal) match-target rifle for sale -- please get in touch

Oh, P.S. Are we bothering with .22 MPL pistol this time? I don't see any entries yet?

blimey ricks got me completely sussed! but hes not far off the truth;god did i laugh when i read his assessment of my likely candidates for the comp ;fact is if i could have fitted a diopter to my cadet major you'd have been spot on..
    but in all seriousness now when i was stuck for a choice as most of my collection are .22 i couldnt help but grin when an old "milbro diopter "caught my attention on the shelf ! ,then another thought crossed my mind[yes two] would it fit on a ------ ----- which i new was .177
    and it did ,so after zeroing found i was able to get a [for me] quite tight grouping;only person who knows is bob who gave me the ok on its eligibility
    so now its being fine fettled and let the battle commence. im ducking out of the .22 pistol as i want to focus on the .177 pistol and rifle;i know there mems out there in the wings ready to knock the resident "big kahuna" off his perch.best of luck you're gonna need it.
    ps rick its"upper" rustington.
    ps ps i recommend a bsa meteor with peep sight could be well suited to your requirements!!.

Hrm...

If you had to check eligibility with Zooma, then I reckon it's not spring or SSP. Because you would have known those are OK... so it's a multi pump!

And as you can actually shoot a group with it -- It's a Sharp Ace or Innova!

Unless it's a Benjamin or something. But I doubt it because aren't they usually .20 cal?

Do I win a prize?

P.S. Whoops, sorry -- I mean't 'Upper Rustington'

P.P.S. I think I once had a Super Meteor with the peep sight!

Hi Phil,

Just get your entry in - that's my advice to anyone as I am sure desperation will creep in and you will find a .177 springer ( or SSP) to use soon enough!

You need to enter the .177 pistol and .177 rifle to keep tabs on the "Upper Rustington Flyer"

It looks like the "alternative" competition this season will be the air rifle and not the .22 air pistol - ah well - a change is as good as a rest they say..

Fancy this?

http://bobsairguns.com/index.php?opt...ery&Itemid=125
    Last edited by zooma; 15-07-2014 at 09:25 PM.

oooh that is rather nice .[osprey strgt]

It's lovely ent it

My Osprey Supertarget is a bit of a mongrel really as it has the sights you know Webley would be using if they were to make this rifle today, and although the collectors may prefer to screw the old bits back on again I think the new Air Arms sights makes the rifle look sleeker and more up to date.

They are also easy and affordable to replace in the event of an unexpected disaster.
    Last edited by zooma; 16-07-2014 at 08:14 AM.

Payment sent as a gift for the springer rifle comp.

Mark Henson

Quote Originally Posted by wrecker View Post
    Payment sent as a gift for the springer rifle comp.

Mark Henson
    Thanks for your support Mark.

I will try to get your entry pack away tomorrow if I can - if not it - will be early next week as I am away on Friday until early next week but it should be with you late next week at the worst

Best regards,

Bob.

Osprey Supertarget.

oooh that is rather nice .[osprey strgt]
    The Osprey ST is for sale.

It has had a pair of new rings fitted ( thanks to IJ) and we were lucky enough to find a brand new and genuine Osprey Supertarget mainspring in stock at Manchester Airguns so it was nicely lubed and put back together again.

Many of these old target rifles end-up with overpowered mainsprings ( sacrilege) - and this one was no different - but it is back to original specification now.

The loading tap has been lapped-in so I think most of the usual wear points have been attended to - but it still needs some pellets putting through it to bed it all back in again.

The optional (at the time) target stock has been stripped and oiled and the new set of AA target sights bring the rifles appearance right up to date but a collector could just bolt-on a vintage set if the original ( and ugly front sight) in my opinion sights were preferred.

The "Supertarget" cover-plate is still in place and as all Osprey ST came with scope rails it could also double-up with a scope fitted for some fun plinking (a previous owner has fitted a scope retention screw for this purpose).

I am open to offers...