Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 2014 6 yard MPL Postal Competition. Autumn/Winter

Quote Originally Posted by wrecker View Post
    Payment sent as a gift for the springer rifle comp.

Mark Henson
    Thanks Mark,

I have your payment OK but there was no address on the PayPal payment receipt.

Please let me have your address by PM or email so I can send your rifle entry pack to you.

Thanks for your support and for sending it as a gift so we have no fees to deduct.

Bob.
    Last edited by zooma; 17-07-2014 at 01:04 PM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

hi bob,packs arrived today as promised plus my fob and stickers thanks ;an er i seem to have bought home a lovely 1970s hammerli [4]trgt rifle
    from proteks must have slipped into my pocket with a diopter .i will give it a thorough work out and see if it competes with my mystery original choice which is still a secret as my nemesis; i know is watching what im up to.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    hi bob,packs arrived today as promised plus my fob and stickers thanks ;an er i seem to have bought home a lovely 1970s hammerli [4]trgt rifle
    from proteks must have slipped into my pocket with a diopter .i will give it a thorough work out and see if it competes with my mystery original choice which is still a secret as my nemesis; i know is watching what im up to.
    ::scribbles this new information down on the back of an envelope::

o blimey sherlock doesnt miss a thing! .well first 30/40 shots look good ,got the diopter zeroed but as im starting to bond with the "hammy"
    im thinking that one of those super looking anchutz diopters that proteks have in with all the adjustable bits on might tip the scales in my favour when the first volley is fired in anger!.vick did say he had a very special hammerli diopter, but at £250plus thats a £100 more than the rifle cost umm!
    i upgraded the dusty milbro one for a more interesting adj one .more to come later.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Thanks Mark,

I have your payment OK but there was no address on the PayPal payment receipt.

Please let me have your address by PM or email so I can send your rifle entry pack to you.

Thanks for your support and for sending it as a gift so we have no fees to deduct.

Bob.
    PM sent Bob with my details

thanks mark

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    o blimey sherlock doesnt miss a thing! .well first 30/40 shots look good ,got the diopter zeroed but as im starting to bond with the "hammy"
    im thinking that one of those super looking anchutz diopters that proteks have in with all the adjustable bits on might tip the scales in my favour when the first volley is fired in anger!.vick did say he had a very special hammerli diopter, but at £250plus thats a £100 more than the rifle cost umm!
    i upgraded the dusty milbro one for a more interesting adj one .more to come later.
    I was thinking of getting this Bob: http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/...ducts_id/21080 German version HW30 (so only 5.5 ft/lbs, ideal for paper?). And at only £170. in english money including the HW diopter - it seems a bit of a bargain.

However, one of my senior coaches reckons it might be a bit too lightweight. So I might be getting something much, much sexier

Must make a decision soon though, cos I have to be measured up for shooting boots, knee pads, helmet etc - Them I'm off training with the Russian olympic squad for two years. Returning for one day a month to shoot my MPL cards at home... It's going to be fun

Good luck mate

i think you may well be onto something here rick with your clothing side of target shooting;personally as i know your a martyr to your "chilblains"
    a nice duffle coat ,you know the type with the big toggle buttons and to keep the cost down a pair of quality garden gloves! footwear can be easily accommodated by acquiring some nice thick "ugg boots" and to prevent distraction and to concentrate focus a pair of dark welding goggles! this lot will quickly gain the attention of your friends and family as to the seriousness in regards to shooting! please can you put up piccs for your fellow bbs collegues . thanks for the goodluck wishes ;much needed as ive just got my rifle pack and realized just how small the scoring discs are !!! "is there a telscopic diopter? 4 mag should do it.
    regds the other bob.

YES - you can enter the MPL series at any time !

I have just got back home (only away for the weekend) and found some enquiries regarding entry to this new MPL series.

The answer to all of the enquiries is YES you can still enter the rifle and the pistol series and it is NEVER too late to enter - even when we are deep into the series - it just means if you enter late you will have a few more cards to shoot sooner until you have caught up.

.....and YES - you can shoot the cards and send in your scores early if it suites you or if you prefer to get the job done before going away on holiday etc.- just make sure you let us know which month your scores are for.

........and finally another YES - if you have been away or missed shooting any round for any reason you can shoot it when you are able and submit the scores as soon as you are able to do so.

This is a good but relaxed series where we try to encourage everyone and accommodate most ( if not all) circumstances so nobody ever gets left out or should feel unable to complete the competition if things fail to go to plan.

The rules are simple and on display on the various threads about the MPL postal series so if you have a springer or an SSP air pistol or rifle this is the competition for you!

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....petition-Rules

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....s-Any-Interest
    Last edited by zooma; 23-07-2014 at 10:07 AM.

Hi all you MPL people,
    I'm back from my travels to other lands so you can start sending me your scores for the july - december series. Remember to state the month, pistol or rifle and individual card scores.
    Send the scores to 6ydmpl@gmail.com

Good luck and good shooting
    George

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    I was thinking of getting this Bob: http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/...ducts_id/21080 German version HW30 (so only 5.5 ft/lbs, ideal for paper?). And at only £170. in english money including the HW diopter - it seems a bit of a bargain.

However, one of my senior coaches reckons it might be a bit too lightweight. So I might be getting something much, much sexier

Can I suggest that an Original Model 75 would be a better choice? This is a very nice match rifle, recoilless and very accurate and as your senior coach suggests (regarding weight) it has a more typical match rifle weight. This rifle sold in it's thousands as it was a very popular rifle - and this means that there are plenty of them about for sale. Tatty ones can be picked up from around £200 and tatty ones that need new seals from just over £100.

I bought a rusted and seized one for £30 without a stock and picked up a stock for another £30 but after a complete strip ( very educational) and re-blue, new internals and a lot of time re-finishing the stock with a nice new oil finish - it would have been cheaper to buy a reasonable working example for £250 - £275 - so don't rush into a tatty re-build as it may end up more expensive than you think - but lots of "fun" to work on.

Even the best ( almost mint) examples seldom fetch more than £325 so with such a wide price range there should be a Model 75 out there somewhere for you

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Can I suggest that an Original Model 75 would be a better choice? This is a very nice match rifle, recoilless and very accurate and as your senior coach suggests (regarding weight) it has a more typical match rifle weight. This rifle sold in it's thousands as it was a very popular rifle - and this means that there are plenty of them about for sale. Tatty ones can be picked up from around £200 and tatty ones that need new seals from just over £100.

I bought a rusted and seized one for £30 without a stock and picked up a stock for another £30 but after a complete strip ( very educational) and re-blue, new internals and a lot of time re-finishing the stock with a nice new oil finish - it would have been cheaper to buy a reasonable working example for £250 - £275 - so don't rush into a tatty re-build as it may end up more expensive than you think - but lots of "fun" to work on.

Even the best ( almost mint) examples seldom fetch more than £325 so with such a wide price range there should be a Model 75 out there somewhere for you
    Now see, I'd finally made the decision to order the HW30 from Germany, then you post that ^^^ !

Seriously though Bob, Thank you for the advice You are probably right of course, but my dilemma is - if I'm going to be completely rubbish at rifle shooting (and I do have evidence of being terrible with a heavy rifle, standing), then the lightweight HW30 might be perfect for a bit of harmless 6 yard fun...

If I get a 'proper' match rifle, I'll want one in as good condition as possible (as I've no ambition to learn how to fix the complicated things, with all those springs and cogs inside). So I'd probably be spending £300 - £400. And that money may be better spent upgrading my pistol, as I am fairly sure I'll always prefer pistol shooting, and I'm (relatively) better at it!

However, a good condition classic target rifle will very likely hold it's value well...

This is what goes around in my mind. Again and again...

Good luck with the dizzy spells - they can only get worse !

Now see, I'd finally made the decision to order the HW30 from Germany, then you post that ^^^ !

Seriously though Bob, Thank you for the advice You are probably right of course, but my dilemma is - if I'm going to be completely rubbish at rifle shooting (and I do have evidence of being terrible with a heavy rifle, standing), then the lightweight HW30 might be perfect for a bit of harmless 6 yard fun...

If I get a 'proper' match rifle, I'll want one in as good condition as possible (as I've no ambition to learn how to fix the complicated things, with all those springs and cogs inside). So I'd probably be spending £300 - £400. And that money may be better spent upgrading my pistol, as I am fairly sure I'll always prefer pistol shooting, and I'm (relatively) better at it!

However, a good condition classic target rifle will very likely hold it's value well...

See if you can find a Haenel 312 - generally quite cheap - they are recoiling but it is so gentle you do not really notice and they are a very nice rifle. If the worst comes to the worst and 6yd is not for you slap a scope on it and you have a very accurate low power plinker...

I really rate mine as you can tell:-)

Frog

Hw30

I've gone the same route via Waffenshneider.All i've got to do now
    is work out what to do with the diopter+discs(never used one before)
    atb Glyn

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
    I've gone the same route via Waffenshneider.All i've got to do now
    is work out what to do with the diopter+discs(never used one before)
    atb Glyn
    ..simples - just follow the pictures