Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 2014 6 yard MPL Postal Competition. Autumn/Winter

Keep 'em coming!

We had another three enter the new 6 yard MPL postal series this afternoon so now we have 33 competitors across the rifle and pistol events - not a shabby response by any means but we still have room for plenty more so if your name is not already shown on #3 of this thread - please feel free to send us an entry and join in the fun
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

Quote Originally Posted by red bob View Post
    i think you may well be onto something here rick with your clothing side of target shooting;personally as i know your a martyr to your "chilblains"
    a nice duffle coat ,you know the type with the big toggle buttons and to keep the cost down a pair of quality garden gloves! footwear can be easily accommodated by acquiring some nice thick "ugg boots" and to prevent distraction and to concentrate focus a pair of dark welding goggles! this lot will quickly gain the attention of your friends and family as to the seriousness in regards to shooting! please can you put up piccs for your fellow bbs collegues . thanks for the goodluck wishes ;much needed as ive just got my rifle pack and realized just how small the scoring discs are !!! "is there a telscopic diopter? 4 mag should do it.
    regds the other bob.
    I think you may have frightened him off of the rifle competition with your comments about the small sized bulls - he has not entered the rifle comp yet so you may get a "bye" in your verbal exchange - but somehow I think he is just keeping his powder dry to lull you into a false sense of security!

Quote Originally Posted by bluesman View Post
    I've gone the same route via Waffenshneider.All i've got to do now
    is work out what to do with the diopter+discs(never used one before)
    atb Glyn
    Hi Glyn,

I am by no means an expert on rifle shooting but the general advice is to start with the biggest size of front sight disc as it is easier to acquire the target and gives you a little more initial confidence than a small one would as you struggle to keep the black spot of the target inside the foresight ring.

It is different to pistol shooting as you actually do aim exactly on the centre of the bull by centralising it in your foresight - and then you centralise the foresight in the large outer ring formed by the peep sight and you are ready to score that magic 10

.told you it was simples ( to say - not to do ).

[QUOTE=zooma;6385722]The first entries for the 2014 Autumn/Winter 6 yards MPL postal competition have started to arrive whilst I have been away - so now I have to get some target packs made up and get them posted out as the entries come in.

Please make sure to send me the address to send the entry packs to and I will get them posted to you as fast as possible.

Thanks for your continuing support for this superb "shoot from home" competition

.177 Air Pistol.

Rob H. (heirflick).
    Les Latham (learning curve).
    Sean H. (TheWilding)
    Bob S. (zooma).
    Robin. (Hares Ear).
    George M. (thirdwheel)
    Sarah M. (starboard)
    Glyn Davies.
    Duncan G (Frog).
    Gareth Small.(nismo)
    Graeme F.(appinpar68).
    Rob B. ( red bob).
    John L. (perlin).
    Raymond B.(raymondo)
    Chris G.( nissman)
    Phil. ( Rickenbacker)
    Paul N. (Solonian).
    Chris H.
    John G. (BlackBess).
    Chris S.

.177 Air Rifle.

Sean H. (The Wilding)
    Mark B. (buzzz)
    Robin (Hares Ear).
    Neil Daniels.
    Glyn Davies.
    Mark Burrows.
    Austim O'C. (bikergus)
    Duncan G (Frog).
    Rob B. ( red bob).
    John L. (perlin).
    Mark H. (wrecker).
    Phil. (Rickenbacker).
    Paul N. (Solonian).
    Chris S,
    [/QUOTE)

We are still accepting entries for the .177 air pistol and .177 air rifle competitions.

There will be no .22 air pistol competition this season.

Yes please!

Hi Zooma

I just did a bank transfer for £26.50 for the comp entry and 100 extra targets. Please post them to:

John Brooks
    47 Lark Vale
    Aylesbury
    Bucks
    HP19 0XU

I will send you my July and August scores as soon as I can (.177 pistol comp)

many thanks, John
    Cheers, John
    AA 510 AirMasters88 Reg, MTC Viper, AA 400 AirMasters88 Reg, AA TX200, Aeron BRNO B96, FWB 65, FWB 80 Walther CP88

Quote Originally Posted by johnb0001 View Post
    Hi Zooma

I just did a bank transfer for £26.50 for the comp entry and 100 extra targets. Please post them to:

John Brooks
    47 Lark Vale
    Aylesbury
    Bucks
    HP19 0XU

I will send you my July and August scores as soon as I can (.177 pistol comp)

many thanks, John
    Thanks John,

I have just got back so I will look for your payment in the morning and get your entry away to you ASAP.

Thanks for your support - Bob.

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    Thanks John,

I have just got back so I will look for your payment in the morning and get your entry away to you ASAP.

Hi John,

Your payment came through with no problems and I am sending you your entry pack and 100 targets.

I have also added your name to the air pistol competition list ( see #3 on this post).

Best regards,

Bob.

More interest in the 6 yard MPL postal series keeps coming in - so just to reassure anyone that is interested - we can confirm that it is never too late to join in at any time.

If you join in after the series has started it is not a problem ........and you will still be able to shoot in EVERY round.......including those that you may have missed !

All you have to do is to shoot the rounds from the previous month ( or months) that you have missed - when you can - and submit your scores to us online so we can add your scores to the appropriate months results.

Simples....

Would anyone else like to enter this competition and add their names to this list?

177 Air Pistol.

Rob H. (heirflick).
    Les Latham (learning curve).
    Sean H. (TheWilding)
    Bob S. (zooma).
    Robin. (Hares Ear).
    George M. (thirdwheel)
    Sarah M. (starboard)
    Glyn Davies.
    Duncan G (Frog).
    Gareth Small.(nismo)
    Graeme F.(appinpar68).
    Rob B. ( red bob).
    John L. (perlin).
    Raymond B.(raymondo)
    Chris G.( nissman)
    Phil. ( Rickenbacker)
    Paul N. (Solonian).
    Chris H.
    John G. (BlackBess).
    Chris S.
    John B.(johnb0001).
    Phil McB.(Rickenbacker).

.177 Air Rifle.

Sean H. (The Wilding)
    Mark B. (buzzz)
    Robin (Hares Ear).
    Neil Daniels.
    Glyn Davies.
    Mark Burrows.
    Austim O'C. (bikergus)
    Duncan G (Frog).
    Rob B. ( red bob).
    John L. (perlin).
    Mark H. (wrecker).
    Phil. (Rickenbacker).
    Paul N. (Solonian).
    Phil McB.(Rickenbacker).
    Last edited by zooma; 01-09-2014 at 05:56 PM.

Welcome back Phil !

Rickenbacker is back in the frey and ready to cross swords with RedBob again!

Welcome back - I look forward to reading about your exploits and updates

Keep checking with #3 to see who has entered..and if your name is not there yet I can tell you there is plenty of time for you to change that - just send in your entry for the pistol or rifle comp (or both) and see you name added to the list
    Last edited by zooma; 02-09-2014 at 03:14 PM.

Rickenbacker is back in the frey and ready to cross swords with RedBob again!

Welcome back - I look forward to reading about your exploits and updates

Keep checking with *3 to see who has entered..and if your name is not there yet I can tell you there is plenty of time for you to change that - just send in your entry for the pistol or rifle comp (or both) and see you name added to the list
    Thank ya Bob!

Sorry I've had my head down for weeks, busy trying to source an MPL legal rifle to "stick it" to Red Bob with.

Now I have one, I'm afraid I'm likely to start lots of threads about i.e. How the heck do I shoot this thing, front sight element sizes, lubricating the diopter, etc etc etc...

Having looked at the "Air 7" 5 diagram rifle target, I reckon to begin with I'll just aim 5 shot at the middle. Knowing that I'm likely to randomly fling one shot towards each corner, and a lucky one somewhere near the center.

Onwards, upwards, and thanking you for your eternal kindness Bob

ATB - Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Thank ya Bob!

Sorry I've had my head down for weeks, busy trying to source an MPL legal rifle to "stick it" to Red Bob with.

Now I have one, I'm afraid I'm likely to start lots of threads about i.e. How the heck do I shoot this thing, front sight element sizes, lubricating the diopter, etc etc etc...

Having looked at the "Air 7" 5 diagram rifle target, I reckon to begin with I'll just aim 5 shot at the middle. Knowing that I'm likely to randomly fling one shot towards each corner, and a lucky one somewhere near the center.

Onwards, upwards, and thanking you for your eternal kindness Bob

ATB - Phil
    No Problem Phil,

I have sent your two entry packs and spare targets to you today by DPD so everything should be with you tomorrow morning,

No Problem Phil,

I have sent your two entry packs and spare targets to you today by DPD so everything should be with you tomorrow morning,

Package received today Bob Many thanks

Now I'm off to tease RedBob on the other MPL thread!

Diana Model 6

I am selling my Diana Model 6 and only mention it here as it would make a very good pistol for use in this MPL series .

The pistol is stamped 05 69 so it was made in May 1969 and has the serial number 030469.

The pistol is a true classic as it is one of the very first types of Giss system recoilless air pistols and in use at RMTC this week it shot well with good power and was able to produce a good tight group at 10 metres, so it would be ideal for use in this 6 yard postal competition.

The one piece brown moulded grip is in good condition with very few marks and provides an excellent hand-hold that in previous years ( 1970's !) enabled me to hit several "possibles" at 10 meters with a similar example that I owned at the time. During this time period the Model 6 was the most popular air pistol in club use and was often able to embarrass its newer Model 10 cousin and more expensive Feinwerkbau Model 65 rival.

Condition wise the pistol is very good (better than most that we have seen of this type) and at £130.00 it is not too expensive for a recoilless match pistol. It is also not "pellet fussy" and shoots well with GECO, Hobby, RWS CO2 and R10.

The pistol can be seen, inspected and shot by anyone that may like to buy it or I can post it to (almost) any UK mainland address for £10.00 if the buyer is unable to travel to collect it.
    Last edited by zooma; 18-09-2014 at 09:36 PM.