Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BSA Shadow troooper

BSA Shadow troooper

I don't seem to be able to find out much info about these rifles, I've just brought one mint boxed s/no 00045

Any one know how many were made and was there ever a sales leaflet, or indeed a magazine test.

SHADOW

- .177 or .22 cal., BBC, SP, SS, rifled barrel, blue finish, black, brown, or camouflage (Trooper) thumbhole composite stock, marked "SHADOW" on compression tube, cocking aid, 27 in. OAL. Mfg. 1985-1986.

I have a standard shadow (Black) and a Buccaneer (Brown stock) both in .22 based off the BSA Scorpion pistol, never seen the trooper (CAMMO) is it all green or a paint job or actually differently coloured plastics in the stock ???

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rct...02583553410930
    Matou: The Braughing Banger

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    It's a short barreled Buccaneer, isn't it?

Very few sold in the UK, most of them were sent to Germany and possibly Sweden or so I have gleaned.

This subject has been discussed on several occasions on this forum over the years, so a search should produce quite a lot of information.

Yeah I know David but I'm lazy , I did look at the one on your site and around your leaflets to see if I could find any more info without trolling through loads of the forum posts
    By the way mine is the same as yours even down to the red topped oil bottle

BSA Shadow OR Trooper that should be the question. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by bsa-nige View Post
    I don't seem to be able to find out much info about these rifles, I've just brought one mint boxed s/no 00045

Any one know how many were made and was there ever a sales leaflet, or indeed a magazine test.
    BSA Shadow:

BSA Trooper:

Both Troopers I have got are with a serial number starting with an "A" and have "KETT" and a "F" in a pentagon on them.
    "KETT" standing for Eduard Kettner in Germany.
    Apart from the above the only difference is the hardened steel ball/pin above the transfer port.

------------------------------
    Frank

Copie of a KETTNER catalogue

----------------------------------
    Frank

This is the beast Frank, its marked Shadow on the cylinder , s/no is D00045 .22 , its mint never been fired

The end of the box says its a shadow,its still got the price label stuck on the end £74.95
    Last edited by bsa-nige; 13-06-2014 at 08:03 PM.

complicated

http://www.network54.com/Forum/40594...ated+than+that.....

---------------------------------
    Frank

Thumbs up

as it says in that last link ,its a bsa buccaneer/shadow/trooper "oh well I like it anyway"

Thanks for you input Frank

Quote Originally Posted by bsa-nige View Post

This is the beast Frank, its marked Shadow on the cylinder , s/no is D00045 .22 , its mint never been fired

The end of the box says its a shadow,its still got the price label stuck on the end £74.95
    I had one the same that was stamped Shadow, can't help with any photos as l sold it a few years ago.

The instructions and parts list supplied with the long barrelled Shadow/Trooper, 'A' & 'D' series, are marked exactly that, but it certainly confuses the issue when the short barrelled Shadow, of which I've only seen a 'R' .22 example, is included in the mix.
    It would appear the 'Trooper' was exported, whilst the long barreled 'Shadow' was sold in the UK.
    I don't know how true it is, but I was told some time ago that a gun shop in Wales bought a quantity of Long barreled 'Shadows' from BSA, which is where most, if not all of the UK sales originated.

Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post
    Apart from the above the only difference is the hardened steel ball/pin above the transfer port.

Frank
    What do you think is the purpose of that ball/pin?

Cheers

Rob

pin

Have been wondering about that too.
    But I have found the answer!
    Never thought it was that simple ....

The pin goes straight through the transfer port! this restricts the flow of air and that means less power.
    In Germany there are strickt power limits for air rifles that means they can NOT be over 7,5 joule (about 6 ftp).
    Think this was the easiest way for BSA to adapt a full power Buccaneer to a restricted power Trooper.

--------------------------
    Frank

Quote Originally Posted by frakor View Post
    Have been wondering about that too.
    But I have found the answer!
    Never thought it was that simple ....

The pin goes straight through the transfer port! this restricts the flow of air and that means less power.
    In Germany there are strickt power limits for air rifles that means they can NOT be over 7,5 joule (about 6 ftp).
    Think this was the easiest way for BSA to adapt a full power Buccaneer to a restricted power Trooper.

--------------------------
    Frank
    The full power output from the Buccaneer was only around 6 ftp, sp presumably this restriction was a German legal requirement.