Thread: BSA Shadow troooper

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    I don't like the thing anyhow and am giving it to someone.

I thought you quite liked the BSA Scorpion Pistol and it's derivatives.

ggggr is offline part time super hero and seeker of justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I thought you quite liked the BSA Scorpion Pistol and it's derivatives.
    I never liked the Buccaneer when I had one as a kid and I gave it to my dads mate who cut the stock off!
    I do like the Scorpion pistol but not as a carbine. I think carbined pistols seem to give a funny sight picture as the rear sight is too close to you. I had a Webley Typhoon I bought off here that had quite a well made shoulder stock but it was more fun to shoot as a pistol. The Milbro Cougar is the same really (I just find the Cougar such a frustrating thing. It should have been so much better than it was). I've also tried the Relum pistols with the shoulder stocks and find them uncomfortable, although my Niece liked the break barrel version for plinking. The Crosman 1377 is alright as a plinker/teaching nippers to shoot, when fitted with a shoulder stock.

So YES I do like the Scorpion pistol. It is better in .22 than .177 and one day I intend to sort out a .25 (probably a rough smoothbore) version for killing bottle caps.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Agreed,.22 works much better on cans .

Not sure if the sight base is long enough on the Shadow carbine to use the peep sight as on the Buccaneer.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."