Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA Shadow troooper

ggggr is online now part time super hero and seeker of justice
    I have a BSA Carbine that appears to be a Shadow. However the Cylinder does not have any writing on it and it and it has no scope grooves. The serial prefix is PA and the rear sight is the later one, not "bridge" type. I would be interested on any thoughts on this?
    My own thoughts are it is a factory "Bitsa" using up parts that were in stock. I know with some Bsa rifles that parts carried on and were used up in different Mks of the same model.
    Just checked and even the barrel does not have Bsa on it at all?
    So what I have is an unmarked carbine other than the barrel prefix
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

'PA' is a Scorpion serial number, so it looks like it has a Mk.1 scorpion cylinder, and as you say, would appear to be a 'Bitsa' made up by somebody, and the rear sight could have been fitted at any time.
    Can't explain the lack of stampings on the barrel, which does seem strange as the 'PA' will have been stamped on the linkage part of the breech.
    Does it have the standard Buccaneer stock, only in black ?

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    'PA' is a Scorpion serial number, so it looks like it has a Mk.1 scorpion cylinder, and as you say, would appear to be a 'Bitsa' made up by somebody, and the rear sight could have been fitted at any time.
    Can't explain the lack of stampings on the barrel, which does seem strange as the 'PA' will have been stamped on the linkage part of the breech.
    Does it have the standard Buccaneer stock, only in black ?
    It looks just like the Shadow in Frakor's picture on post 7.
    The cylinder has the locating peg hole in the place for the later sight and not in the place of the earlier "bridge" type sight, so I assume that the cylinder and sight have always been together. The lack of any Bsa name stamping or model stamping, makes me think it has come out of the factory like that probably using up bits that were lay around.
    I don't like the thing anyhow and am giving it to someone.
    Cooler than Mace Windu with a FRO, walking into Members Only and saying "Bitches, be cool"

Absolute little marvel of a thing- can't believe you don't get on with it!

Quote Originally Posted by ggggr View Post
    I don't like the thing anyhow and am giving it to someone.

I thought you quite liked the BSA Scorpion Pistol and it's derivatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I thought you quite liked the BSA Scorpion Pistol and it's derivatives.
    I never liked the Buccaneer when I had one as a kid and I gave it to my dads mate who cut the stock off!
    I do like the Scorpion pistol but not as a carbine. I think carbined pistols seem to give a funny sight picture as the rear sight is too close to you. I had a Webley Typhoon I bought off here that had quite a well made shoulder stock but it was more fun to shoot as a pistol. The Milbro Cougar is the same really (I just find the Cougar such a frustrating thing. It should have been so much better than it was). I've also tried the Relum pistols with the shoulder stocks and find them uncomfortable, although my Niece liked the break barrel version for plinking. The Crosman 1377 is alright as a plinker/teaching nippers to shoot, when fitted with a shoulder stock.

So YES I do like the Scorpion pistol. It is better in .22 than .177 and one day I intend to sort out a .25 (probably a rough smoothbore) version for killing bottle caps.

Agreed,.22 works much better on cans .

Not sure if the sight base is long enough on the Shadow carbine to use the peep sight as on the Buccaneer.
    "helplessly they stare at his tracks......."