Thread: T&p 1

T&p 1

Hi!

What scope do you/would you use on a .22LR semi auto for T&P 1 and why??

Quote Originally Posted by BigGun1 View Post
    Hi!

I used to have red-dot sights on my 10/22 and the Marlin, which was great for the fast 10 & 15m stages, but not so accurate at the longer stages

I now use a fairly cheap Crossman 4-9x40 on the 10/22, and a similar Hawke on the Marlin.... turned up to x9 for the 25m stage, then turned right down for the closer and faster stages for quicker target acquisition...

I don't think its worth spending a load on a scope for GR comps...
    Last edited by Daryll; 15-06-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Thanks for that, I've been using a red dot as well but have been thinking that a 3-9 or 4-12 zoom scope with an illuminated centre dot to use like a red dot on the 10 & 15m stages might be good??

The thing with a scope is you have to look "through" it..(yes, i know that sounds obvious!!)... but with a red-dot you keep both eyes open and look at the target, then bring the dot into view ( at least thats how i used to do it!!)

With a scope you tend to mount the rifle, look through the scope then try and find the target....

But yes, certainly try it, and go for the lowest mag you can... no more than x3

Quote Originally Posted by BigGun1 View Post
    On my 10-22 I use a 4-16x44 Meopta R1, my .44 lever action currently has a 3-9x40 Nikon Pro-Staff EFR on it.

Both scopes offer a decent top end mag for the 25 yard precision stage, with a low enough bottom end to give a good field of view for the timed stages. I also shoot the 1500 and other comp that involve longer distances with the 10-22 hence the higher mag scope.

I like a fairly bold reticle for the quick exposures, also I dial with the rimfire to keep a centre aim rather trying to faff around holding over on the DP2A targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Daryll View Post
    With a scope you tend to mount the rifle, look through the scope then try and find the target....
    If you are doing that you need to work on your stance and hold.

With practice you can bring a scoped rifle up onto the target quite effectively.
    People who have been there focus on the fundamentals. People who sit at keyboards all day focus on the trivial and inane.

Quote Originally Posted by rockdrill View Post

With practice you can bring a scoped rifle up onto the target quite effectively.

Yes, thats the problem, I don't get enough practice..!!

Nowadays the only time I get to shoot T&P or Phoenix A is at Phoenix... I normally shoot the 10/22 on Sat as practice, then the Marlin on Sun "to count"...