Thread: Verminator calibre change

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Verminator calibre change

I'm picking up a mk1 vermy in .22 tomorrow. My question is quite simple: How easy is it to change calibre? Is it just a couple of grubscrews, change barrel and mag? Or is there more involved?
    God rest ye jelly mental men

tinbum your pm box is full
    e mailed you instead

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket launcher View Post
    tinbum your pm box is full
    e mailed you instead
    Inbox is emptied and thanks for the mail. Trouble is its a zip file which my iPad can't open!

Ive got the vermy now. No scope, but it feels well made.

You went and bought it then

To change cal, you'd have to change the probe as well. Which on a Vermy is right in the middle of the gun. So it'd be easier to leave the gun alone and change the gravity in the universe to match your prefered trajectory.

Although, I actually have no real idea

..rather than change the probe,just turn the .22 down to.177,simple enough.
    so yes its just probe,mag and barrel plus a little tweek on the hammer spring pre-tensioner to get the power up a tad.

Quote Originally Posted by the logun-ator View Post
    ..rather than change the probe,just turn the .22 down to.177,simple enough.
    so yes its just probe,mag and barrel plus a little tweek on the hammer spring pre-tensioner to get the power up a tad.
    I have a bsa barrel in .177 here I was going to use as a donor. I was going to start at its standard length and shorten it til it ran at the same power as .22

The idea is to be easily interchangeable.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    I have a bsa barrel in .177 here I was going to use as a donor. I was going to start at its standard length and shorten it til it ran at the same power as .22

The idea is to be easily interchangeable.
    The idea is unfeasable.

What you want is a Webley Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    The idea is unfeasable.

What you want is a Webley Hawk
    I may just forgo cock and use .22 again.

I may just forgo cock and use .22 again.
    I didn't know you liked cock... either way, I hear .22 cal is coming back in a big way

Inbox is emptied and thanks for the mail. Trouble is its a zip file which my iPad can't open!

Ive got the vermy now. No scope, but it feels well made.
    you will need to open the file I have sent and print it all off

just to remove the stock is a pain on a verminator the first time if you do it wrong or force the stock you will smash the fill dial or worse brake the front to rear tube

You will need to remove the stock to perform virtually any of the maintenance tasks.
    this is how to do it
    Tools: 4mm allen key 2.5mm allen key.
    1. Undo the 4mm hex screw underneath the stock, near the gauge.
    2. Screw in the 2.5mm black hex grub screw at the rear of the stock – this will allow the
    brass tube to eject.
    3. Eject the brass tube (with the 4mm black grub screw still inside) and long spring
    (behind the brass tube) by cocking the rifle. You might have to turn the 4mm black
    grub screw in a little to get it to eject far enough to grab or jiggle it about a bit.
    Hint ----when you put the gun back together leave out this spring, you will then manually forward assist but your gun will be more accurate as you wont damage the pellets when transiting also it will be easier to change the mag as it wont have the spring fighting the thing
    4. Unscrew and detach the front cylinder – should be finger-tight.
    hint take this apart when off the gun remove the plastic plug from the inside for 40 extra shots
    5. Slide out the magazine bolt and remove the plastic shroud. while tilting the stock slightly
    6. Remove the stock. do not force anything

that's the stock then you will need to remove the barrel assy which you will need torx screwdriver and watch out for the small ball bearings and spring

infact when you undo the butt from the bottle watch you don't loose the little rubber ball that goes between the butt screw and the bottle else you are In for a world of hurt getting a new one

its far too complicated without the strip diagrams I have sent

then there is the adjustment afterwards again instructions are needed and its a pain as you have to put together and adjust then strip adjust again
    Hint -- once back together leave it or you will need new seals as it will leak

personally I think the vermy is the best all day carry rifle around

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket launcher View Post
    you will need to open the file I have sent and print it all off

just to remove the stock is a pain on a verminator the first time if you do it wrong or force the stock you will smash the fill dial or worse brake the front to rear tube

You will need to remove the stock to perform virtually any of the maintenance tasks.
    this is how to do it
    Tools: 4mm allen key 2.5mm allen key.
    1. Undo the 4mm hex screw underneath the stock, near the gauge.
    2. Screw in the 2.5mm black hex grub screw at the rear of the stock – this will allow the
    brass tube to eject.
    3. Eject the brass tube (with the 4mm black grub screw still inside) and long spring
    (behind the brass tube) by cocking the rifle. You might have to turn the 4mm black
    grub screw in a little to get it to eject far enough to grab or jiggle it about a bit.
    Hint ----when you put the gun back together leave out this spring, you will then manually forward assist but your gun will be more accurate as you wont damage the pellets when transiting also it will be easier to change the mag as it wont have the spring fighting the thing
    4. Unscrew and detach the front cylinder – should be finger-tight.
    hint take this apart when off the gun remove the plastic plug from the inside for 40 extra shots
    5. Slide out the magazine bolt and remove the plastic shroud. while tilting the stock slightly
    6. Remove the stock. do not force anything

that's the stock then you will need to remove the barrel assy which you will need torx screwdriver and watch out for the small ball bearings and spring

infact when you undo the butt from the bottle watch you don't loose the little rubber ball that goes between the butt screw and the bottle else you are In for a world of hurt getting a new one

its far too complicated without the strip diagrams I have sent

then there is the adjustment afterwards again instructions are needed and its a pain as you have to put together and adjust then strip adjust again
    Hint -- once back together leave it or you will need new seals as it will leak

personally I think the vermy is the best all day carry rifle around

It was still a zip file and I still can't open it!

vermy mk1 .22

hello, leave it as it is thats my advice, mine is a great ratting rifle in .22 and can take rabbits at 40 mtrs. i use AA hunter pellets or those that clubshot sells. keep in mind that brassy bit for the lever ?