Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: BBS Airgun Gathering, September 6/7 --- Event and Payment Details

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    @ Mick: My missus is off to see her folks for a few days on Thursday, so would it be OK if I arrive mid afternoon? You could find me some gainful employment, if it helps.
    You could do some fishing in Micks pond. I am hoping to arrive Thursday evening or Friday morning, depending on what time my wife gets home from work.

Looks like I should be ok to come again (likely to be the Saturday)

Cheque should be departing for the the Mickmeister in tomorrows post

Quote Originally Posted by Taz72 View Post
    Looks like I should be ok to come again (likely to be the Saturday)

Cheque should be departing for the the Mickmeister in tomorrows post
    Excellent, nice one!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Excellent, nice one!!
    Did you see any of the bike racing Tone??

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post

@ Mick: My missus is off to see her folks for a few days on Thursday, so would it be OK if I arrive mid afternoon? You could find me some gainful employment, if it helps.

Are we there yet?

No problem with Thursday afternoon Gwyn

The grass should be off the field by Wednesday night according to the contractor.

I've ordered just two portaloos this time which should be delivered on Wednesday afternoon.

I intend to put the targets out on Thursday morning so we'll be up and running by mid day Thursday.

We also have insurance in place via the NFU so we're good to go.

I only have half a dozen knockdowns for the weekend, but we have 120 odd spinners, 2 bell targets, and of course the Quigley bucket which should be enough for the reduced numbers.

All the best Mick

Snooper601 is offline I likes to polish my trophy
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

The grass should be off the field by Wednesday night according to the contractor.

I've ordered just two portaloos this time which should be delivered on Wednesday afternoon.

I intend to put the targets out on Thursday morning so we'll be up and running by mid day Thursday.

I only have half a dozen knockdowns for the weekend, but we have 120 odd spinners, 2 bell targets, and of course the Quigley bucket which should be enough for the reduced numbers.

All the best Mick
    I'll bring my knock downs, 7 IIRC, again Mick if that helps?

Cheers

John
    Snooper601 Suspect a simple fault, or a simple engineer He who dies with the most toys wins!
    QHAC Official lubricant development engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    Did you see any of the bike racing Tone??
    Certainly did, young man!

Although I was working (on the Ducati stand), they were okay with me disappearing off. So, as to not take the piss too much, I didn't see any of the tiddlers, but DID manage to watch every MotoGP practice session, qualifying and the race!

Dunno if you saw it, but it was an electrifying race? And Sarah recorded it for me, so I can also watch in fine detail.

But the noise and atmosphere was amazing. For one of the morning sessions, I viewed from one of the straights....phew, the sheer speed and acceleration was amazing.

And the smell. Oh the smell, like no other. I know they're on high octane stuff, but you also get that kerosene-esque smell with these bikes. Awesome!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

All the best Mick
    Nice one, Mick.

That'll do us all very nicely, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Certainly did, young man!

Although I was working (on the Ducati stand), they were okay with me disappearing off. So, as to not take the piss too much, I didn't see any of the tiddlers, but DID manage to watch every MotoGP practice session, qualifying and the race!

Dunno if you saw it, but it was an electrifying race? And Sarah recorded it for me, so I can also watch in fine detail.

But the noise and atmosphere was amazing. For one of the morning sessions, I viewed from one of the straights....phew, the sheer speed and acceleration was amazing.

And the smell. Oh the smell, like no other. I know they're on high octane stuff, but you also get that kerosene-esque smell with these bikes. Awesome!!
    That sounds fab Tone. I was watching it (recorded) with the Mrs last night, and I was telling her about you working there

We hoped you'd be able to sneak off the stand to see the racing

Quote Originally Posted by Rickenbacker View Post
    That sounds fab Tone. I was watching it (recorded) with the Mrs last night, and I was telling her about you working there

We hoped you'd be able to sneak off the stand to see the racing
    Yep, t'was cool!

But only fair, I think, for three really long days and being totally knackered. That was partly down to me being stressed to high heaven on the motorway when lorries harrass you in the 50mph roadworks sections...it was one of them that nearly did for me last year. Drove home every night to see the family and tend to the (ever improving) Brembo.

Met a lot of nice people on the stand, as well as one hell of a lot of drunken muppets....good laugh, though.

But the highlight was, obviously, being able to see Mr Rossi and co.

Quote Originally Posted by Snooper601 View Post
    I'll bring my knock downs, 7 IIRC, again Mick if that helps?

Cheers

John

It would be great if you could bring them John.

I have patterns and steel ready for the local laser cutter to cut us 30 or 40 silhouettes out so I can build them up over winter --- these will be flip-flop / head-heart, self resetters.

Once these are done I'll be happy with the amount of targets I have in stock ready for next year.

All the best Mick

It would be great if you could bring them John.

I have patterns and steel ready for the local laser cutter to cut us 30 or 40 silhouettes out so I can build them up over winter --- these will be flip-flop / head-heart, self resetters.

Once these are done I'll be happy with the amount of targets I have in stock ready for next year.

All the best Mick
    Next year? NEXT YEAR?

Whatever happened to the Plum Pudding Bash, Mick????

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    I assumed there would be a bonfire night bash as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    I assumed there would be a bonfire night bash as well.

Oh yeah, silly me, forgot about THAT one!

What are you like with bonfires then, Mick????

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Chippendale View Post
    I'll bring you some but it will be Saturday.

Chippendale (with clothes on)
    Thank you very much sir, most kind indeed.
    Seize the Day! Quigley Hollow is a great place to start.