Thread: Alecto sight adjustment

Alecto sight adjustment

I have a MkIII Alecto through which I'm firing AA Diabolo Field 8.4 grain .177 pellets.

I've found the gun is shooting quite high at 15m - I've got the rear sight screwed to within a qtr turn of fully in, which seems very biased towards one end. Am I perhaps missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by _tim_ View Post
    I have a MkIII Alecto through which I'm firing AA Diabolo Field 8.4 grain .177 pellets.

I've found the gun is shooting quite high at 15m - I've got the rear sight screwed to within a qtr turn of fully in, which seems very biased towards one end. Am I perhaps missing something?
    Have you got the correct front sight adjustment right? I know it flips for differing distances. It should be showing the red dot for up to 25yds i believe. ATB. Pete. PS. are you shooting rested on something and NOT moving the muzzle on firing? Try zeroing at closer distance to eliminate errors due to slight movement upwards of muzzle at 15mtr.
    Last edited by peteswright; 18-06-2014 at 06:29 AM.
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Yep I have the red-dot sight at the front, the other one would make it go even higher still. I just thought it was odd that to get it close to target, even when holding it extremely still, is way up one end of the adjustment.

Do other Alecto users find this?

I'll try a more standard 10m range and see what's what.

Cheers for the reply.

As Pete says, looking at Chambers spares for the Alecto, the front sight has two different height of blade setting. If the highest one is not high enough to bring the impact point down, looks easy enough to make your own front sight blade with raised height.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Also, double check the barrel retaining screws.
    Good deals with these members