Thread: S200 at 100yd

S200 at 100yd

While bored at my permission this morning I lasered a small plastic water bottle at 100yds. I went prone with my bipod and shot until I hit the bottle. I was nearly at the bottom of my scope (MTC Viper) when the pellet struck.

Once I knew where to aim it was a doddle and I kept hitting the bottle making it jump with every shot.

Not the smallest of targets but I was very impressed with my S200 at such a long range! I have a reg fitted by Darren at XTXAir which I think helps greatly.

Next time I'm at the permission I'm going to set up a few empty co2 carts at 100yd to try. Mind you there was zero wind today!
    MK.3 S200 .22 [Regged]

Hi Guy,

How did you manage to get your rifle down to XTX, and how much did it cost? (if you dont mind me asking).

I'm tempted to get my S200 done.

I sent the action and empty cylinder in the post. It's the tench regulator, I believe it cost £125. It's quite expensive but it does transform the gun. Darrin also gives the action a service and replaces any seals etc. You can just send the air cylinder but if you send the action as well he will set it to a nice 11.5 ft/lb.

80+ shots in .22 and very minimal fps spread.
    MK.3 S200 .22 [Regged]

100 yds accuracy

Its quite surprising how far away you can actually hit things on a calm day with a good air rifle. Coke cans on string have been made to move at 150yds plus! You can almost call your shots, but I wouldn't dream of shooting quarry at that range. Bliddy good fun though making the cans swing.
    You want it fixed when??!

Quote Originally Posted by Doxbox View Post
    Its quite surprising how far away you can actually hit things on a calm day with a good air rifle. Coke cans on string have been made to move at 150yds plus! You can almost call your shots, but I wouldn't dream of shooting quarry at that range. Bliddy good fun though making the cans swing.
    There's nowhere near enough power left at 100yds even if you could guarantee a headshot. My pellets tore the labels on the bottles and just scuffed the plastic. 50yd is my absolute max for quarry and even then I would prefer to creep in to 40yd.

I'd like to try a FAC air rifle at 100yds.
    MK.3 S200 .22 [Regged]

How did you send it down, RM, PF etc?

As far as I'm aware the two mentioned couriers either will not send or will not insure to max value.