Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idiots

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    The license won't stop idiots mate..., idiots are idiots licensed or not!!! What it will do is give you and all other good airgun enthusiasts a massive ball ache!!

Law breakers break the law..., so it won't do jiff for the law breakers out there because the are breaking the law anyway!!
    Exactly correct.

Perhaps the idiots themselves are the ones that should be be licensed,there are more nutters outside of mental institutions than in.

Micky Spillane is offline reports of my death have been greatly exagerated
    Quote Originally Posted by Arschilecki View Post
    I hope for you that airguns will be banned completely that's the only sure way to prevent crimes like these.
    I think sarcasm and irony are a little advanced for some members.
    Drink good English Bitter beer and shoot safe,
    Micky Spillane

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Apt user name mate!
    You are weclome to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mrto View Post
    When I was a kid we used to wander about with air rifles and sheath knives on an almost daily basis it never prompted any interest from the police then.

I know times have changed,but for crying out loud a sub 12ftlb airgun is a flippin' pea shooter so why the panic?
    "a flippin pea shooter" what a stupid remark! 12 ftlb air rifles can and have caused serious injury in the past when they have been misused.Whether involving the police helicopter was necessary is debatable but if they were carry uncovered air weapons in a public place that is a crime and the police have a duty to respond.This sought of thing will only lead to more restrictions.
    Last edited by Patrick 2; 25-06-2014 at 09:46 AM.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick 2 View Post
    "a flippin pea shooter" what a stupid remark! 12 ftlb air rifles can and have caused death in the past when they have been misused
    There fixed it for you!

"a flippin pea shooter" what a stupid remark! 12 ftlb air rifles can and have caused serious injury in the past when they have been misused.Whether involving the police helicopter was necessary is debatable but if they were carry uncovered air weapons in a public place that is a crime and the police have a duty to respond.This sought of thing will only lead to more restrictions.

It sounds to me like you live in a world of fear where everything is dangerous I don't know how old you are ,but people of my generation do not fear airguns or for that matter butter knives!

It sounds to me like you need a less hysterical perspective on things ask your mum to explain!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian.Samson View Post
    Making new laws doesn't stop crime, enforcing existing laws stops crime.

It sounds like your local police have taken this very seriously indeed, and that's precisely the way to stop gun crime.
    That's exactly right,what he said.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Spillane View Post
    I think sarcasm and irony are a little advanced for some members.
    Saved me the job of pointing out what I thought was pretty obvious as well.....
    "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Kes View Post
    Saved me the job of pointing out what I thought was pretty obvious as well.....
    But not saving you the job of pointing out that you were going to point it out if it hadn't already been pointed out so not saving you a job at all. :-)

Chris

12 ftlb air rifles can and have caused serious injury in the past .
    Very true, but can you name me something that hasn't?

Misuse of airguns is not a trivial matter, but for Pete's sake, helicopters and armed response teams? That's insane.

To be exact, airguns haven't caused anything: it's people who cause the problems. Inanimate objects get the blame because the authorities find it unpalatable to blame the offenders.

Meanwhile the idiots keep on being idiots, and they don't need airguns for that.

It sounds to me like you live in a world of fear where everything is dangerous I don't know how old you are ,but people of my generation do not fear airguns or for that matter butter knives!

It sounds to me like you need a less hysterical perspective on things ask your mum to explain!
    No,I don't live in a world of fear as you put it ,I was merely stating the fact that a 12ftlb air weapon if misused can cause serious injury or even death(as Mole pointed out) and to regard them as peashooters is crass and stupid.I am 67yrs old and have been shooting air rifles since the mid 1970s ,probably before you were born or lying on you're mum's lap having you're bum powdered and you're nappy changed !!
    Last edited by Patrick 2; 27-06-2014 at 03:34 PM.

Well,I have been using airguns since the mid sixties and in those days we considered them to be more toys than "weapons"!

ATB.

Well,I have been using airguns since the mid sixties and in those days we considered them to be more toys than "weapons"!

ATB.
    But.... They say on the boxes in big letters "this is not a toy"

I think, as always, a balanced view needs to be found: no a sub 12 airgun may not be the most dangerous weapon out there, yet they are still capable of causing harm to humans and animals and should be used with a healthy dose of respect for others. As a great man once said "guns don't kill people, people kill people" and this is true whether it be ak47s, air rifles, knives, screwdrivers, baseball bats or staplers; you wouldn't want to have to deal with a knobhead wielding one whether you're proficient in using one yourself or not.
    HW98 .177, Falcon Menace 4.5-18x56, WW tune HW97 blue laminate .177, Hawke eclipse 4-16x50 ir BSA Scorpion se tactical .177 ,BSA deerhunter 6.5-32×46 SMK XS78, .22 3-9x40 Mountmaster- Remington Express xp tactical .22, standard - Gamo CF20 .177 - mk1 meteor .177