Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best polish for tumbling media?

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    Now I'm curious, because I can't come up with a name, sounds like someone from the Village people.

I was reading on the Accurate Forums that a few of the long range US shooters were moving away from ultrasonic cleaners as they found them detrimental to long range accuracy. There didn't seem to be any real science behind their findings other than what the targets told them. I wonder if we will see a swing away from the ultrasonic cleaners and back towards tumblers, or better still wire wool

Chris, PM me the name of the closet Village people wannabe.
    I cant, I don't know. I think he shoots shotties for the Sussex Police team mate, oddly we chat whenever he is in but I never asked.

The photo made him laugh as you could almost see the though bubble (you and a guest at 900, he was another stalker with a hunting .308)..."Hmmmm...Deeeerrr"

The problem I has with the US cleaner was that it had to be watched every cycle and the cleaning was very hit and miss.

That said I did keep it for the odd assembly etc.

The STM does pretty well what wire wool does but all over. Its very little hassle as well, but it does attack the case mouths where they are VLD Chamfered. I only bung mine in for an hour or so.
    I'm a maggot in another life you know

Elwood is offline Just because I'm paranoid, doesn't mean to say they aren't trying to get me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Parabuteo View Post
    I cant, I don't know. I think he shoots shotties for the Sussex Police team mate, oddly we chat whenever he is in but I never asked.

The photo made him laugh as you could almost see the though bubble (you and a guest at 900, he was another stalker with a hunting .308)..."Hmmmm...Deeeerrr"

The problem I has with the US cleaner was that it had to be watched every cycle and the cleaning was very hit and miss.

That said I did keep it for the odd assembly etc.

The STM does pretty well what wire wool does but all over. Its very little hassle as well, but it does attack the case mouths where they are VLD Chamfered. I only bung mine in for an hour or so.
    Shaun, tall guy 6ft and some, fair hair, used to be traffic?
    God has a hard on for green rifles

Parabuteo is offline My Chrony has bought it a couple of times...
    Quote Originally Posted by Elwood View Post
    Shaun, tall guy 6ft and some, fair hair, used to be traffic?
    Dunno I, next time they are on a job I will ask. I make the bloke coffee and we put the world to rights/talk shooting but I never asked....usually best not to
    I'm a maggot in another life you know