Thread: Red Bob Bell Target Prize for 6 yard MPL Rifle Postal Competition

Red Bob Bell Target Prize for 6 yard MPL Rifle Postal Competition

Our well known BBS member Red Bob has very generously offered to manufacture a limited edition bell target to offer as a prize to be won by those that take part in the new 2014 6 yard MPL 2014 Winter Postal Competition for air rifles.

This rare example of the famous Red Bob bell target is sure to become a collectors item for the lucky winner as well as being an excellent functional bell target that can also hold your 6 yard targets for "paper punching".

The idea is to encourage and support this first new postal series for .177 MPL legal air rifles.

Pictures of this superb "one-off" example of his workmanship will be made available for everyone to see here on the BBS when it is completed during the season.

Thanks for your support Bob - I am sure everyone who enters will appreciate your effort.
    Last edited by zooma; 27-06-2014 at 06:56 AM.
    Rossendale Target Shooting Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday evening 7 - 10pm.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

cheers bob,it would be great to see as many as poss taking part with as many and varied models of rifle ;if a brace of hurricanes in my dodgey hands can get a result in the pistol league ! what can we come up with in the rifle section .the "taking part" side of it has certainly encouraged me to learn the discipline more thoroughly without worrying unduly about scores,which in themselves are a marker to display my personnel improvement.
    thanks to George and yourself for putting in the time and encouragement.
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

I'm fair glad I suggested the idea for a 6yard rifle comp now, I only suggested it as I live a fair distance from my nearest Bell Target league and thought it a good way to do Bell Target, or as near as possible without having to do a 50 mile round trip, to shoot against like minded individuals.

Thanks Red Bob for the kind and generous addition to the comp, it should draw some more shooters out of the woodwork who would of otherwise not joined up

ATB

Sean
    Slowly morphing into an RWS/Diana/Original fanboy.

Definitely a springer fanboy.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWilding View Post

Thanks Red Bob for the kind and generous addition to the comp, it should draw some more shooters out of the woodwork who would of otherwise not joined up

ATB

Sean

Lets hope you are right Sean - this competition should be ideal for all bell target shooters to have a go at as well as committed paper punchers and newcomers alike.

We have come up with a cunning plan to see who wins the fabulous Red Bob Bell Target - everyone who enters this 6 yard MPL postal competition for air rifles will have the same chance of winning it

Quote Originally Posted by zooma View Post
    We have come up with a cunning plan to see who wins the fabulous Red Bob Bell Target - everyone who enters this 6 yard MPL postal competition for air rifles will have the same chance of winning it

I like it!!!..... Very fair, yet deceptively tricksey

ATB

Sean
    Slowly morphing into an RWS/Diana/Original fanboy.

Definitely a springer fanboy.

rustington/littlehampton,riviera of the south

sadly im not eligible for the prize:quite fancy one myself,sounds a nice enough bloke bit moody though apparently hates loosing ,would have thought he was used to it by now.:
    [FWB124s]-[ORIG45]-[relum rescue ctr]
    I CAN RESIST EVERYTHING EXCEPT AN FWB,

Hello fellas.
    Just wondered if you have a link to the rules and regs.
    Many thanks
    Rift
    M.A.D for it.
    Team England 2019

Just recently acquired one of these and they are the "mutts nuts", in fact its that good I don`t want to use it....really
    nice gesture to offer one as a prize (even if I have no chance of winning!)
    john

I got one last month, they are superb, far too nice to paint with white paint and shoot at.

Quote Originally Posted by perlin View Post
    Just recently acquired one of these and they are the "mutts nuts", in fact its that good I don`t want to use it....really
    nice gesture to offer one as a prize (even if I have no chance of winning!)
    john
    Hi John.

Everyone that enters has the same chance of winning this fabulous prize ......but only if you enter !

At the end of the season ( festive spirit time) every competitor that entered this MPL 6 yard postal rifle competition will have their names put into a hat and Red Bob will draw the winning name in a well known public place that is frequented by many BBS members.

Closer to the time we will reveal the time and place so anyone that would like to witness the draw is welcome to attend.

Think thats just "sealed the deal".
    Zooma, you have pm.