Thread: Hammerli AR20 or AA MPR Precision

Hammerli AR20 or AA MPR Precision

Tried to find a review regarding the Hammerli AR20 no luck so here goes

What is the Hammerli AR20 like as a rifle ? It looks very light and slightly underwhelming also a little fragile. Several other forums say that the stock is plastic yet Walther say it should be alloy !!!!!

what do you the users say ?

Second part I'm looking to buy a good quality 10m rifle and other the hammerli I'm considering the AA MPR precision again what are the opinions ?

Reason for not going straight out and buying a Steyr or Walther are two fold I can't afford £2-3k yet and secondly no point spending that kind of money till I'm good enough to justify the rifle so the above two are my choices.

Heidi

the ar20 has a lot of adjustability ,yes the stock is plastic but the rifle is not a light one by any stretch ,mines the ft version and probably groups better than any other rifle I own. Very good for the money , though i would by a used one as prices are good
    RHINO GUIDED WALTHER LG400
    BASC HFT TEAM ENGLAND 2016 HAS BEEN
    www.tuggstatts.co.uk

RobinC is offline Awesome Shooting Coach and Author.

Rifle

Hi Heidi
    We have experience of both and I'm sorry to say they are both quite underwhelming, the better bet for the similar money as new on those is a second hand top quality match rifle, Walther, FWB, Steyr or Anschutz, or better still come along to Norwich City Target Club, get coaching, use club kit and club rifles, we have a good selection including modern PCP Walthers and FWB's. The range is 14 point all electric carrier and two full electronics all at 10 mt.
    If you wish to drop me an e mail on robin.carter80@ntlworld.com for details.
    Good shooting
    Robin
    Last edited by RobinC; 30-06-2014 at 09:04 AM.
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

Rifle

Sorry, duplicated it!
    Walther KK500 Alutec expert special - Barnard .223 "wilde" in a Walther KK500 Alutec stock, mmm...tasty!! - Keppeler 6 mmBR with Walther grip and wood! I may be a Walther-phile?

I fully endorse what Robin says. There is a world of difference between the top end 10m rifles and the AR20 or MPR. A secondhand match rifle will represent much better value and will allow not hinder your development.

Rutty

Rifle Choice

Hi Heidi,

Out of the 2 rifles you mention I would personally go for the MPR. They have a tried and tested success within the Scout National Shooting Squad and also the Great Britain Junior Rifle Squad (Sporter shooters). They are capable of shooting good enough scores to see if you are wanting to continue into the much more expensive world of precision.

Just my 2p worth

Mark

Rifle

Heidi
    I will qualify my first post , Mark is correct the MPR is the better of the two, but it is a sporter class rifle, a class almost unique to Scouts and some other Juniors, its built to different rules, and is the best sporter class rifle available, but precision 10 mt is different and unless you are in the sporter age and category group and intend to only do that class a second hand match rifle is still the best bet.
    Good shooting
    Robin