Thread: Hate to 'stir the semi auto nest' but...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by evenbad View Post
    Look at BASC website also enlighten you
    OK I looked at the BASC site and they give the same advice:

Although it was not Parliament’s intention that any low powered air weapons should be banned by
    the 1997 Acts, there is now considerable uncertainty as to whether a rifled airgun of the description
    covered by 5(1)(ab) has become prohibited even though it may be a very low powered weapon not
    hitherto held on certificate
    Do you have a link to something different?

evenbad Guest
    Cant find it but reads to me on yours that their no illegal

Quote Originally Posted by evenbad View Post
    Cant find it but reads to me on yours that their no illegal
    Does it? As others have tried to explain, BASC, CPS and even the Home Office do not decide what is and isn't legal. They can offer an opinion or interpretation. Often they get it wrong. Even the Home Office (Theresa May) has been wrong. It seems to me there is uncertainty which can only be decided by the courts, or by legislation. No-one is suggesting that you will be hauled before the courts for shooting rats in a barn, but what might happen is that your 1950 euro gun will be shown to be illegal. This might happen sooner than you think if the policies of a minority Labour government are influenced by the SNP. Or if some kid steals one and puts 5 pellets in another kid.

Anyway, anyone voting Labour in England or SNP in Scotland should not complain about future airgun licensing.
    Last edited by banksy!; 27-04-2015 at 03:17 PM.

evenbad Guest
    OMG politics creeping in here , I'm out of here. enjoy your air rifles guys going to exterminate some coke cans Don't tell anyone or I will be hauled in front of The Green Party for not recycling!! Have a nice day

Quote Originally Posted by banksy! View Post
    ...Or if some kid steals one and puts 5 pellets in another kid.
    Which is 'sort of' what happened in New Zealand. The gun shops there used to look like armouries, I was surprised at what was available. Then along came the FX Monsoon. Two people were killed and all PCP's put on FAC. Fingers crossed for here.

Does it? As others have tried to explain, BASC, CPS and even the Home Office do not decide what is and isn't legal. They can offer an opinion or interpretation. Often they get it wrong. Even the Home Office (Theresa May) has been wrong. It seems to me there is uncertainty which can only be decided by the courts, or by legislation. No-one is suggesting that you will be hauled before the courts for shooting rats in a barn, but what might happen is that your 1950 euro gun will be shown to be illegal. This might happen sooner than you think if the policies of a minority Labour government are influenced by the SNP. Or if some kid steals one and puts 5 pellets in another kid.

Anyway, anyone voting Labour in England or SNP in Scotland should not complain about future airgun licensing.
    Why should they not complain? What do you know, tbat us mere mortals don't?

Oh and how come all the above have no right to declare something legal, but you can declare it illegal without any legistative power at all? Just questions, i don't know the answers, clearly you do so thought you could educate me.

Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post
    Why should they not complain? What do you know, tbat us mere mortals don't?

Oh and how come all the above have no right to declare something legal, but you can declare it illegal without any legistative power at all? Just questions, i don't know the answers, clearly you do so thought you could educate me.
    Have you been following at all? The SNP are introducing airgun licensing in Scotland. If a minority Labour government is elected on May 7, they are likely to need the support of the SNP, who have declared their intention to impose their policies on Miliband. All of this is common knowledge, nothing immortal about it.

And, I haven't declared anything illegal.

Have you been following at all? The SNP are introducing airgun licensing in Scotland. If a minority Labour government is elected on May 7, they are likely to need the support of the SNP, who have declared their intention to impose their policies on Miliband. All of this is common knowledge, nothing immortal about it.

But you have declared them illegal in your previous posts.

If Labour win a minority so be it, but air gun legislation will be the least of our problems in the next Parliment whoever wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post
    But you have declared them illegal in your previous posts.
    Quote me please.

At least a few of us understand I would put money on the said persons/RFD importing the guns will be the first to shout "it wasn't my fault" when they jump into section 5
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    At least a few of us understand I would put money on the said persons/RFD importing the guns will be the first to shout "it wasn't my fault" when they jump into section 5
    I think the statement on the CPS site makes the situation very clear.

"The Home Office regard self-loading or pump action rifled airguns (including paintball guns) as outside the scope of the Firearms Act, unless they are sufficiently powerful to fall within the category of a "specially dangerous" air weapon (Archbold 24.8a)"

Unless an air weapon falls within one of the above exceptions, it is not subject to section 1 Firearms Act 1968.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/legal/d_to_g/firearms/

If you ring them they confirm it, you are beginning to sound somewhat delusional

evenbad Guest

Smile

Don't forget you guys who own Crossman 1077 etc. which have been out for ages, hand them in when the amnesty comes around or some kid may pump 10 shots and a 100 BB,S into another kid , It will be a turf war out there gangster, hoodies will rule the streets, Honestly my BSA R10 HOLDS 10 SHOTS that's ok though because it bolt action!! Any gun is a weapon semi, single or multishot correct me if I am wrong. Go and shoot a semi you may like it!! Don't forget folks that if you leave your 1950 euro air rifle around some kid may steal it and god forbid labour gets in we will all be outlaws! My bad only semi auto's as their the work of the devil