Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ... 646545556

Thread: Hate to 'stir the semi auto nest' but...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob Edge View Post
    The CPS offer guidance, The Firearms Act is law. Until the act is amended to include .22 rimfire and SA air rifle be it suitably dangerous or not your argument is irrelevant.

I'm sure I read much earlier in this thread that even Mr Doe agreed that SA rifles are currently legal, for now.

It's THE "for now" that worries me with the current activity from GTA.

evenbad Guest
    Thanks for that Whatt you have electrickery in your house You lucky thing in Wales bloody gas lights and dial up tinternet , right off to see my local MP Ivor Kerrupt and ask him to lower the severn bridge to see this wonder you have!!

Quote Originally Posted by evenbad View Post
    Nope didn't realise it at all and if that is the case he should know better and set an example not make one ! Being part of the admin team doesn't mean he has to act superior and again my opinion try to goad or inflame a situation which seems like a bullying tactic to cause someone to react in such a way to have them removed either from this thread or forum.
    Incidentally is Robedge part of the team as I have been warned by you Carefull! yet no such warning for his remark which he posted ! in my part of Wales quote SOMEONES GOING TO GET THEIR LIGHT SWITCHED OFF seems to incite a physical assault but maybe where he is from may mean something different.
    See you now have got me going off topic which is something I don't want to participate in it a joke just my SOH ignore me.
    If you look beside your user name you have a green light. When someone logs out or gets banned the light goes out. Simples. I am not part of the mod team but do appreciate how hard their job is especially when taking abuse from disgruntled members. Be aware that the people winding you up elsewhere are enjoying your posts because they have an agenda all of their own. Take a breath before you answer because this is by far the most informative forum.
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

secretagentmole Guest
    The CPS offer guidance, The Firearms Act is law. Until the act is amended to include .22 rimfire and SA air rifle be it suitably dangerous or not your argument is irrelevant.
    It is relevant as it says the Firearms Act does not apply, the Home Office say it does not apply, BASC have talked to the ACPO and both agree it does not apply. So why in all that is holy can you suddenly make it apply when there is specific wording, in the guidelines for prosecution, that says if sub 12 it does not apply?

Greater minds than yours have said it does not apply, including those whose job it is to know these things. I just refer you to their decisions!
    Last edited by secretagentmole; 19-05-2015 at 08:04 PM.

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Quote Originally Posted by evenbad View Post
    Nope didn't realise it at all and if that is the case he should know better and set an example not make one ! Being part of the admin team doesn't mean he has to act superior and again my opinion try to goad or inflame a situation which seems like a bullying tactic to cause someone to react in such a way to have them removed either from this thread or forum.
    Incidentally is Robedge part of the team as I have been warned by you Carefull! yet no such warning for his remark which he posted ! in my part of Wales quote SOMEONES GOING TO GET THEIR LIGHT SWITCHED OFF seems to incite a physical assault but maybe where he is from may mean something different.
    See you now have got me going off topic which is something I don't want to participate in it a joke just my SOH ignore me.
    Oh thats smacks of a certain 2 ex members but they are not even worth talking about

Rob actually meant you getting banned (little green light shows your online)... However as I told Logunner (if he chooses to confirm) maybe I have already spoken to him, to answer your question, No Rob isn't part of the mod team

The mod team are here to help the place run,,, we are given certain powers and rights by the owner,,,if you think we would goad you just to ban you then your very much mistaken but getting cocky with a mod is a certain way to end up on the naughty step

Access to the site is a privilege not a right ,,, any of us MOD or normal member can be removed without explanation if I wanted to remove you it would take 2 clicks of a mouse
    Last edited by Jackel; 19-05-2015 at 08:13 PM.
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE

Quote Originally Posted by Logunner View Post
    I'm sure I read much earlier in this thread that even Mr Doe agreed that SA rifles are currently legal, for now.

It's THE "for now" that worries me with the current activity from GTA.
    Correct. It was me that said it after advice from my FEO. It pre-dated the GTA bombshell and the word NOW emphasised because he couldn't tell me why.
    It's spelled Golborne by the way
    You can spend thousands and still miss a barn door or spend just enough and enjoy yourself. If you haven't got the talent to start with a million pound won't fix it. Whippet, Russell, a few bang sticks and a flat cap. http://www.smart-tech1st.co.uk

evenbad Guest
    I am trying to stay on topic and enjoy to participate , I honestly think that this topic will not finish on here, surely this would have been quashed if The GTA had a meeting with BASC or with them at the HO.
    No conspiracy or cloak and dagger etc etc would have emerged as it would have been out in the open for all sides to see, TRADE MEMBERS, GTA, BASC and most importantly a British elected air rifle shooter to represent us who buy and shoot them for be it pest control , competition , disabled shooters or just people who plink for their own pleasure.

. ... the GTA bombshell ...
    More spin than bombshell. The statement refers to the Act but ignores the written guidance. And ends with a thinly veiled threat. Why?

It's spelled Golborne by the way
    Just checking your reading everything

Jackel is offline Welding guru and moderator to the stars
    Guys this argument will just keep going round and around

We have other stuff to do so how about we lock it off (not delete) until such times are there is a outright decision then we can reopen it and moan some more

Sound fair to everyone?

No one gets the last word otherwise we'll be here till half past dead
    Last edited by Jackel; 19-05-2015 at 08:30 PM.
    The impossible I do immediately, miracles take 24 hours..

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE,IT JUST COSTS MORE